tomczak
Topic Author

COVIRTUA Cognition

15 Dec 2016, 12:34

COVIRTUA Cognition is a software solution to remedy cognitive disorders. It’s dedicated to French speech-therapists, neuropsychologist, ergotherapists,…

The software is planned for January, 2017. Until then, we’ll release every week a short trailer to illustrate one activity or feature of the solution !

The solution is a collaborative tool, compounded of two applications :
• A WPF application for the therapist, running on any Windows device
• An Unity application for the patient, running on any device.

From its application, the therapist configures and controls in real-time the patient application.

COVIRTUA Cognition offers mainly two types of activities:

• “2D Games”, which may be in a way compared to “Dr Kawashima Brain Training”
• VR activities, using Oculus and Oculus Touches, but which also work on any devices in a more classical way

We used Noesis Engine, not only to rely on our WPF knowledges and fasten our developments, but also to share entire blocks from our code and design between the therapist and the patient application. In some activities, the SAME Xaml and C# is run on both devices, both being synchronized.

Let’s start with the first trailer, from our more simple activity :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67RMBEq_dw0

I’ll update this thread every week with the next trailers :)

tomczak
Topic Author

Re: COVIRTUA Cognition

19 Dec 2016, 10:28

Second trailer : the supermarket.

In this VR application (currently using Oculus Rift and Touches), the patient must find and buy a set of items being identified on a shopping list.

The therapist can follow the progress of his patient, and impact the scenario : he can send messages on the patient phone, control the salesman, ...

In this activity, NoesisEngine is being used for the shopping list (which will be annotatable by the therapist and the patient) and the patient phone display.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Sw-Qrh_MjA

sfernandez
Site Admin

21 Dec 2016, 16:52

Thank you very much for sharing your work with the community.
Your product looks very promising, we hope it goes great when officially launched.

Greetings.

tomczak
Topic Author

02 Jan 2017, 15:45

Fourth trailer ( the third wasn't Noesis related ) : The "list"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZStHVjieOE

In this activity, the patient has to build a list depending on a scenario prepared and conducted by the therapist (eg, a shopping list).

Both are manipulating and collaborating on a set of shared documents. They can navigate, annotate and share the docs. This activity is interesting, for not only the VM is being synchronized and used at each side, but also the views (same controls and XAML in WPF and Noesis)

Major issues being encountered :
* Text wrapping isn't exactly the same in Noesis and WPF. For some documents and characters, Noesis was wrapping text and not WPF (accents, Œ, ... ). I had to ajust all the text materials to avoid those cases.
* For now, loading transparent images and atlases in Noesis is quite annoying. It consumes a lot of memory and may be quite slow, due to the need of premultiplied alpha. Hope this will be solved in 1.3, for it's our most annoying issue with Noesis right now !

We'll have a booth at CES this week, if you're by there, visit us on 50645 (Eureka park) !

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Jan 2017, 02:11

Thanks for the new video! It is cool!
Major issues being encountered :
* Text wrapping isn't exactly the same in Noesis and WPF. For some documents and characters, Noesis was wrapping text and not WPF (accents, Œ, ... ). I had to ajust all the text materials to avoid those cases.
* For now, loading transparent images and atlases in Noesis is quite annoying. It consumes a lot of memory and may be quite slow, due to the need of premultiplied alpha. Hope this will be solved in 1.3, for it's our most annoying issue with Noesis right now !
Could you please report these two problems? Thanks again!

tomczak
Topic Author

05 Jan 2017, 14:34

Could you please report these two problems? Thanks again!
Sure, I'll do this next week, when I'm back !

tomczak
Topic Author

11 Jan 2017, 22:17

Just coming back from the CES ! Here's our latest trailer :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQwEcYBaOc

The interesting thing in this activity are the little "cartoon" animations (the TV set spawning from the bottom). Everything is build using exclusively XAML storyboard.

tomczak
Topic Author

20 Jan 2017, 16:23

I almost forget to post the latest (and last for now) trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIKC_1xagyU

An interesting one, for it's an evolved UI component, being used and synchronized between Noesis and WPF, and using exactly the same code and XAML.

(To the team : I didn't forget to create tickets about the issues we faced, I'll do it after our release, at the end of the month)

tomczak
Topic Author

02 Nov 2017, 10:28

Hi,

We have recently released a new major activity. It's a kind of "Google maps" application, but the tiles are streamed from the Therapist application, and the Therapist and Patient views are synchronized.

Once again, the Therapist-side is developed in WPF, and the two application are sharing all the code and XAML of the UI controls.

The map control supports pen annotation, overlays (such as transport lines or point of interests), streets and shops search,...

https://youtu.be/A1PyPaiivNU?t=9m27s