Roms6

Re: UnityPackage 1.3 BETA5

21 Feb 2017, 07:57

Glad to see you have finally released it :)

Otherwise, I'm registered as a Unity license user, but I can't download it actually. I'm getting this message: "You are not authorised to download this attachment".
Sorry for that. We are still fixing many things in the new website. And the licenses are going to change whenever the final 1.3 is out.

Could you please try again?
No problem, it works now! ;)

ai_enabled

21 Feb 2017, 08:12

Thanks for the feedback! I have to analyze this carefully before taking a decision. Problem is this week we want to release so many things I am not sure we will have time for this before GDC. We also have almost ready the new version of the C# SDK. The plan is releasing it today.
I see. I will try upgrading our project to Unity 5.5 in a separate branch. Perhaps it will be easier than I think.
AtomicTorch Studio Pte. Ltd. http://atomictorch.com

ai_enabled

21 Feb 2017, 10:50

Why there are C# files in the plugins root folder "Assets\NoesisGUI\Plugins"? I suppose they should be in a subfolder such as Editor.
UPD. I'm extracting NoesisGUI code into a separate assembly (that's the requirement as our game is divided into separate assemblies) and currently this issue will prevent us from building release game build.
You need to separate these files into Editor and API folders - in this way it will be easier for us to exclude stuff dependent on UnityEditor.dll from the game build.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

21 Feb 2017, 11:58

Why there are C# files in the plugins root folder "Assets\NoesisGUI\Plugins"? I suppose they should be in a subfolder such as Editor.
UPD. I'm extracting NoesisGUI code into a separate assembly (that's the requirement as our game is divided into separate assemblies) and currently this issue will prevent us from building release game build.
You need to separate these files into Editor and API folders - in this way it will be easier for us to exclude stuff dependent on UnityEditor.dll from the game build.
Yes, everything related to editor is inside the folder Assets\NoesisGUI\Plugins\Editor. Inside the API folder we have included the code that is common to both the C# SDK and Unity package. Unity specific files are left in Assets\NoesisGUI\Plugins. Could you elaborate a bit more about why this is troublesome?

The change with respect 1.2 is that we are being compiled in the same assembly than the user code. The only way to compile in a different assembly is by using the root /Plugins folder and that would force us to have two root folders. We are not sure about this yet, this seems to be the standard layout (one single root) in a few top unity store packages I investigated.

So, we are not sure about the final layout right now.

KeldorKatarn

21 Feb 2017, 13:11

Ok I'm having a major problem with Unity Tools for Visual Studio. Tons of types are not found like e.g. ICommand. It works in Unity but once I actually open the project in VS2015, I get all kinds of compiler errors from VS, which also doesn't allow me to work with Noesis and/or attach VS to Unity for debugging.
The reason seems to be that certain Noesis code files have the compiler check #if __MonoCS__, which doesn't seem defined when opening the Unity project with VS.

(I'm currently working with a workaround, using a ProjectHook to intercept the project file generation and add the compiler flag manually. Without that I can't work with noesis right now)
Last edited by KeldorKatarn on 21 Feb 2017, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

ai_enabled

21 Feb 2017, 13:40

@jsantos, ok, I will send you my thoughts on it when I finish integration.

I've created a bug report #1021 there are many issues I've found...

KeldorKatarn

21 Feb 2017, 14:14

I'm getting several errors here in Unity 5.5. After adding a XAML I get this

Assertion failed on expression: '!performAutorepaint || GetApplication().MayUpdate()'
UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:SaveAssets()
NoesisPostprocessor:OnPostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[]) (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/Editor/NoesisPostprocessor.cs:49)
UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:PostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

Also I don't seem to understand how I have to connect code behind. Trying to do this in InitializeComponent():

GUI.LoadComponent(this, "Assets/Scripts/ShellView.xaml");

throws this error

NoesisException: Xaml not found 'Assets/Caliburn.Micro.Noesis/Scripts/Platform.Noesis/ShellView.xaml'
Noesis.Error.Check () (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Core/NoesisError.cs:21)

Is my path wrong? Should I import the .asset instead of the.xaml?
What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by KeldorKatarn on 21 Feb 2017, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

thehousemd

21 Feb 2017, 18:11

Thank you!

Looking forward to a mac version so I can test on my machine :).

sfernandez
Site Admin

21 Feb 2017, 18:47

Ok I'm having a major problem with Unity Tools for Visual Studio. Tons of types are not found like e.g. ICommand. It works in Unity but once I actually open the project in VS2015, I get all kinds of compiler errors from VS, which also doesn't allow me to work with Noesis and/or attach VS to Unity for debugging.
The reason seems to be that certain Noesis code files have the compiler check #if __MonoCS__, which doesn't seem defined when opening the Unity project with VS.

(I'm currently working with a workaround, using a ProjectHook to intercept the project file generation and add the compiler flag manually. Without that I can't work with noesis right now)
I also noticed that Unity doesn't add that __MonoCS__ define to the csproj (created when clicking "Open C# project" in Unity), and this marks some code as not compiling.
But even so I'm able to "Attach to Unity" and debug the scripts without problem using the plugin "Unity Tools for Visual Studio".

What message are you getting?

KeldorKatarn

21 Feb 2017, 20:03

Well without the flag the code doesn't compile. And VS can't attach a debugger to a project that doesn't compile. So I have to add the flag with the project hook to be able to work with Noesis at all in VS. Also what exactly does the flag do? Check for Mono? Isn't that a bit bad anyway since Unity will soon also run with non-Mono runtimes? Is there anything you can do about that? maybe add that Project hook class to the Noesis package?