jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0rc3

05 Mar 2018, 18:53

I suspect yes - happening at edges of rectangles that are partially transparent, same as the issue before the fix.
Is it only happening in iPhone X? Not in different iPhone versions? This must be related to resolution, but I am not sure about it. We need to open a ticket for this to analyze the issue. Unfortunately this won't be solved for the final 2.1, because it is already closed.

nokola

06 Mar 2018, 04:05

Only iPhone X. Opened http://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=1246 with screenshot. It's likely the resolution yes.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

06 Mar 2018, 12:32

Thanks for the report!

karsten001

06 Mar 2018, 23:26

Hi,

I just tried the UserControl sample. When running the windows_x86 project I noticed a performance issue. When I click on the up/down control very I realizes, that it takes some milliseconds until my next click gets executed on the the control.
I also realize this on the cpu performance indicator. When starting the application there is a permanent cpu consumption of about 25%

When I try the same sample on classic wpf, there is not such a performance drop.

Is this because the scene gets rendered all the time?

Regards

Karsten

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

08 Mar 2018, 16:33

Hello, thanks a lot for your feedback!
I just tried the UserControl sample. When running the windows_x86 project I noticed a performance issue. When I click on the up/down control very I realizes, that it takes some milliseconds until my next click gets executed on the the control.
It is not a performance issue, it is a problem with the doubleclick event, when you click very fast, a doubleclick event is generated and the usercontrol is not handling it. The result is that it seems that the click is being delayed but it you focus the selector and hit space to click it very fast you will see that the performance is ok. We have fixed this issue and will be available in the upcoming final 2.1
I also realize this on the cpu performance indicator. When starting the application there is a permanent cpu consumption of about 25%

When I try the same sample on classic wpf, there is not such a performance drop.

Is this because the scene gets rendered all the time?
Yes, our examples are rendering every frame. By default vsync is on, so the CPU usage should be low (for example, right now I am testing a debug build of the UserControl sample and in my laptop I am getting around 5% of CPU usage).

Although you can render only when there are changes also in Noesis, our architecture is optimized to handle dynamic scenarios (very typical in modern videogame-like interfaces) and in those scenarios, rendering all the UI per frame is the worst case. It is not useful at all having a static UI that renders super fast in static scenarios but when you animate it, the performance drop a lot. That's not very realtime friendly.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0rc4

08 Mar 2018, 17:21

I have uploaded the RC4. This is probably the final version (apart from minor documentation tweaks and the double click issue commented in my last post).

Feedback is welcome! Thanks a lot!

antsonthetree

10 Mar 2018, 20:39

Regarding the new gamepad functions - 2 things:

1. Looks like you deleted Noesis_Back and Noesis_Select and replaced them with Noesis_Accept and _Cancel. This is a breaking change and should probably be documented. Took me a while to figure it out.

2. In your doc on this page: https://www.noesisengine.com/docs/Gui.C ... Guide.html
You say that Gamepad_PageUp and _PageDown are mapped to the left and right triggers and in NoesisView.cs on lines 612 and 613 you are making calls to Input.GetButton to capture them. However the left and right triggers on the XBox360 controller are axises. It should be a GetAxis not a GetButton. Or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway just wanted to bring it up.

So far looks good, although I do still have to Reimport my xaml files each time I restart Unity.

Thanks
Jake

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

10 Mar 2018, 22:22

1. Looks like you deleted Noesis_Back and Noesis_Select and replaced them with Noesis_Accept and _Cancel. This is a breaking change and should probably be documented. Took me a while to figure it out.
We are sorry about this. The change was done like a month ago in the C++ SDK and we discovered the C# SDK was not synchronized with this. We opted for changing it although we should have documented it properly.
2. In your doc on this page: https://www.noesisengine.com/docs/Gui.C ... Guide.html
You say that Gamepad_PageUp and _PageDown are mapped to the left and right triggers and in NoesisView.cs on lines 612 and 613 you are making calls to Input.GetButton to capture them. However the left and right triggers on the XBox360 controller are axises. It should be a GetAxis not a GetButton. Or maybe I'm missing something. Anyway just wanted to bring it up.
This is probably a bug, could you please report it?
So far looks good, although I do still have to Reimport my xaml files each time I restart Unity.
Are you abruptly closing Unity? (from Visual Studio for example). Many of the import changes done by Unity are not saved to disk immediately.

antsonthetree

11 Mar 2018, 01:13

Got another issue - I am not sure if this existed before rc4 because I only started playing with images today.

My images are blurry. I'm not doing anything fancy to them, and they look fine in blend.
This happens for jpg and png files.
I am using this in my xaml to display the image.
<Image Source="../Resources/image.jpg" DockPanel.Dock="Top"/>

The images I am testing with are attached. They are pretty simple.
Jake
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.26 KiB) Viewed 10262 times
image.jpg

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

11 Mar 2018, 02:05

My images are blurry. I'm not doing anything fancy to them, and they look fine in blend.
This is probably related to your Unity settings. You are compressing the textures and/or resizing to the next power of two, etc.. Could you verify it please?