Site Admin
Topic Author

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0rc1

19 Jan 2018, 21:06

First Release Candidate out!

nokola

20 Jan 2018, 03:02

Nice! Unfortunately the "improve error messages" work is showing blank errors in Unity:
NoesisErrorError.jpg
To fix it, I changed line 12 in NoesisError.cs to:
public NoesisException(Exception e): base(e.Message, e) { }

was:
public NoesisException(Exception e): base("", e) { }

nokola

20 Jan 2018, 03:07

Edit: Added back Noesis visual hit issue below.

Currently having these issues:
1. Noesis: Error messages appear empty - see above. Easy workaround in NoesisError.cs http://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=1223
2. [Likely not Noesis]: Investigating manipulation events difference that causes stutter.
3. Noesis: Visual hit testing is broken. Not sure if it's in rc1 only, it's possible that beta 17 (or even earlier) was broken since I've been actively updating XAML recently and not sure which version I saw it with first
http://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=1222
The issue is that Noesis returns a "hit test success" for an element with IsHitTestVisible == false:
NoesisHitTestFail.jpg
Notes:
a) I don't have the border in my XAML. It looks like it's coming from a template or something new from Noesis. The border background is #00FFFFFF. I have no such brush anywhere in my solution.
b) My organization is like this:
_mainContent (Grid)
    ViewBox
      UserControl IsHitTestVisible == false
           <-- mysterious border that doesn't exist in xaml with background #00FFFFFF-->
            Canvas IsHitTestVisible == false
Hope that helps identify the issue!

sfernandez
Site Admin

20 Jan 2018, 11:27

1. Noesis: Error messages appear empty
The proper fix to this issue is modifying Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/Editor/NoesisPostProcessor.cs line 359:

- UnityEngine.Debug.LogError(e.Message, xaml);
+ UnityEngine.Debug.LogException(e, xaml);

So the whole stacktrace of the exception is shown. This is very useful sometimes to really know what happened. This is what should have been integrated into RC1, it will be ready for next release.
2. Investigating manipulation events difference that causes stutter.
The only change respect older versions of NoesisGUI is that we no longer limit manipulation refresh rate to 60Hz. Maybe this helps identify your problem.
3. Visual hit testing is broken.
This causes some confusion but VisualTreeHelper.HitTest() returns elements with IsHitTestVisible=false in WPF, so we do.

Anyway, about the mysterious border, following your indications it seems that the Border is from UserControl's default template. But its default Background should be null unless the UserControl.Background = "Transparent". Could that be the case?

nokola

20 Jan 2018, 16:40

Thanks for the quick reply - all good for now!
1. Error messages: they are awesome now after the change in NoesisPostProcessor! Call stack all the way up the XAML load chain - yay!
2. Manipulations: will look
3. Visual hit testing: thanks! The UserControl had Background="Transparent", removing it canceled hit testing as well. Note that the behavior where hit testing is being ignored looks like a WPF bug: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forum ... ?forum=wpf
I propose to deviate from WPF on this one since it's obviously an issue if hit testing returns elements with IsHitTestVisible == false.
Copy-pasting the workaround from the above forum here:
public static HitTestResult HitTest(Visual visual, Point point)
{
  // This 'HitTest' method also takes the 'IsHitTestVisible' and 'IsVisible' properties
  // into account, so use it instead of the normal VisualTreeHelper.HitTest instead!
  HitTestResult result = null;

// Use the advanced HitTest method and specify a custom filter that filters out the
  // invisible elements or the elements that don't allow hittesting.
  VisualTreeHelper.HitTest(visual,
               (target) => {
                 var uiElement = target as UIElement;
                 if ((uiElement != null) && (!uiElement.IsHitTestVisible || !uiElement.IsVisible))
                   return HitTestFilterBehavior.ContinueSkipSelfAndChildren;
                 else
                   return HitTestFilterBehavior.Continue;
               },
               (target) => { 
                 result = target; 
                 return HitTestResultBehavior.Stop; 
               }, 
               new PointHitTestParameters(point));

// Return the result
  return result;
}
Thanks again for the fast response!

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

21 Jan 2018, 05:31

1. Noesis: Error messages appear empty - see above. Easy workaround in NoesisError.cs http://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=1223
I have reuploaded the unity package (same version) fixing this issue.

elecman

21 Jan 2018, 08:58

Bug 1202 (Fullscreen is drawn instead of rendertexture on mesh) is not fixed. This is kind of a showstopper for our project. Any chance to fix it?

elecman

24 Jan 2018, 05:19

An object space object is not rendered in a standalone Windows build but works in the editor. Bug report filed: 1225.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

25 Jan 2018, 06:56

Bug 1202 (Fullscreen is drawn instead of rendertexture on mesh) is not fixed. This is kind of a showstopper for our project. Any chance to fix it?
Fixed in the rc2 we released a few minutes ago.

nokola

Re: BETA: NoesisGUI v2.1.0rc2

26 Jan 2018, 04:00

Nice! 2.1 RC2 looks good for us. Still investigating the scrolling issue - happens only under il2cpp. I still think it's us, not Noesis :)