jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

NoesisGUI Project Templates

07 Jan 2020, 19:43

We have released a Visual Studio Extension for NoesisGUI in the marketplace.

The extension provides project templates for NoesisGUI and Unity. More information can be found in our Unity tutorial.

We have plans to extend this to the Managed C# SDK.

As always, feedback is very welcome.

sommmen

Re: NoesisGUI Project Templates

21 Mar 2020, 11:27

Some feedback from someone who randomly came across noessis and is attempting to use it with unity now;

- I feel like the documentation is not really clear about where to place the blend folder etc. there are bits and pieces overal, but i lack overview
In short, i need an overview of the most appropriate folder structure.
- I was trying to add Noessis to an already existing unity app (basically trying to switch UI frameworks to see if this is a better match for me) and since there were no guides or anything i just used the project template to create a whole new project and copied over my assets. Maybe add some more guiding on how to add noessis to an existing application?

Further more the template seems to work great btw. just followed the quickstart and everything seems to work.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

21 Mar 2020, 19:51

In the past, we had a document about this. But even with a tutorial it was not very clear how to organize your project because depending on the version of Visual Studio the steps were different and also there were a few obscure things about it. Besides, how to organize this is also a matter of personal taste (there are several threads in our forums about this).

So, that's the reason we create the plugin for Visual Studio. At the end is much better, because our users can have something working that they can start to tweak or adapt to each scenario.

sommmen

22 Mar 2020, 21:44

In the past, we had a document about this. But even with a tutorial it was not very clear how to organize your project because depending on the version of Visual Studio the steps were different and also there were a few obscure things about it. Besides, how to organize this is also a matter of personal taste (there are several threads in our forums about this).

So, that's the reason we create the plugin for Visual Studio. At the end is much better, because our users can have something working that they can start to tweak or adapt to each scenario.
Ah that explains the bits and pieces. Well seems like you have given it some thought, thanks for reading my feedback.