stonstad

Re: [Release Candidate] NoesisGUI v3.0.0rc7

15 May 2020, 07:12

Yes, you can renew the trial each 30 days.
Not great.

nokola

15 May 2020, 08:34

I'm also wondering - what is the motivation for a 30 days license? Not sure if it will get you more clients or just add a barrier to starting with Noesis. Or is the idea to somehow get accurate tracking numbers of active users?

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

15 May 2020, 11:53

We are doing this to track all projects using NoesisGUI. Free Indie License is still there, same conditions.

Athos

15 May 2020, 17:51

Honestly, it'll be annoying to keep generating keys, specially for solo devs (who does things at very slow pace, like me).

nokola

15 May 2020, 18:25

We are doing this to track all projects using NoesisGUI. Free Indie License is still there, same conditions.
Thanks for the info. I think it would be easier for me (and maybe for adoption in general) if the free Noesis "pings home" from time to time when used in Unity editor and requires either valid email or account (email/password) to activate.
Otherwise I ask myself - what happens after 30 days? and imagine if I'm just starting with Noesis - I would be hesitant to publish anything with it unless I ping you, in case I take some time to develop and my app suddenly stops working.

I think there's real possibility to cause some people to look away from Noesis and to go other technologies (even if they are worse than Noesis) because of the 1) the fact they cannot publish unless they contact you and 2) that they may not want contact a human and go through the back-and-forth for a "test" or "pet" project.

Just for the record, my app that has been using Noesis for years is still called PaintTest1 internally :)

I think you'll lose some people (the introverted enthusiasts) because of the 30-day license and "need to contact human to publish", not sure how many.

z0rg77

15 May 2020, 20:20

I finally made it to compile wasm flawlessly once the mv command fixed :p.
If it can be useful here's the way I fixed it
Added a mv.bat file with this code :
@echo off
set a=%1
set b=%2
set a=%a:/=\%
set b=%b:/=\%

move %a% %b%
Add MV = ..\..\..\..\..\Tools\mv.bat to the makefile
Then calling it the same way you call sed in the makefile by a quick and dirty replace of mv to $(MV)

By the way this is great ! I'm building my website with it !

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

16 May 2020, 02:28

I finally made it to compile wasm flawlessly once the mv command fixed :p.
If it can be useful here's the way I fixed it
Added a mv.bat file with this code :
You were right, mv is not valid on windows, it was working in our machines because we have a few GNU binutils in PATH. It has been fixed.
By the way this is great ! I'm building my website with it !
Great! Please, use the showcase section to show us how it looks! 😀

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

16 May 2020, 02:30

Otherwise I ask myself - what happens after 30 days? and imagine if I'm just starting with Noesis - I would be hesitant to publish anything with it unless I ping you, in case I take some time to develop and my app suddenly stops working.
Just an important clarification. If you need to publish something with Noesis, you need to acquire a normal license key. And if your project qualify for that, you will get it for free. Trial licenses are just for evaluating or doing internal projects that are not going to be distributed.

z0rg77

21 May 2020, 15:30

Hello,

Is it normal that for some controls (Label and ListView for example), I get a pink background and border around the control ? This behavior applies to both windows builds and wasm builds (Debug Profile and Release).
It can be hidden by overriding the template but it's not the sandard xaml behavior :p.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

21 May 2020, 17:05

It is explained here

https://www.noesisengine.com/docs/Gui.C ... ult-styles

We no longer provide a default theme embedded in the Core library. You need to create your own theme, or use the one available in the App Framework.