kayrk

Re: [Unity] v1.2 Preview

27 Oct 2014, 20:41

So they finally made Unity 5 open for all pro users. Will this build work in Unity 5?

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

28 Oct 2014, 11:40

No, not yet. Among other things, we need to provide a 64-bits version of the editor DLL. As soon as we have time (after v1.2) we will start working on it

ai_enabled

31 Oct 2014, 05:20

Hello!
When we can expect the NoesisGUI v1.2 beta release with builds for Mac & Linux? Then we can start migration to v1.2 and I will provide you reports about the migration process and found issues.
Regards!
AtomicTorch Studio Pte. Ltd. http://atomictorch.com

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

02 Nov 2014, 23:27

The plan is releasing a new beta this week with all the features implemented. After that we will start rolling out the rest of platforms.

Anyway, in the current released version you already have standalone for Windows. There are several API changes that you can start testing with if you want. This will help us a lot although I understand that you prefer waiting, you are in a critical phase of your game.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

06 Nov 2014, 11:29

We have published a new Unity beta with all the MVVM planned features implemented:
  • Support for the following interfaces: ICommand, IValueConverter, IList, IDictionary, INotifyPropertyChanged, and INotifyCollectionChanged. This means that you can implement them and NoesisGUI will understand each one. For example, you can have a custom implementation of IList in your VM.
  • VMs can now be implemented without deriving from BaseComponent. Implementing INotifyPropertyChanged is enough right now.
  • Support for generics. We provide also ObservableCollection<T>
  • A preview of Windows Store is included in this version.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

12 Nov 2014, 18:27

Beta 5 released with many bugfixes. Thanks everybody for your feedback.

kayrk

21 Nov 2014, 19:10

Is there any reason why the storyboard completed function never fires?

Edit: it does in fact fire but it won't let me set the value of the progressbar back to 0 it just stays at 100.
            pbReload = FindName<Noesis.ProgressBar>("pbReload");
            sbReload = root.FindResource<Storyboard>("sbReload");
            sbReload.Completed += sbReload_Completed;
            sbReload.Begin(pbReload, pbReload, true);

void sbReload_Completed(object sender, TimelineEventArgs e)
        {
                //This never fires
                pbReload.Value = 0;
        }

kayrk

21 Nov 2014, 19:47

I guess I should also note it doesn't look like setting the duration of the storyboard is working in code.

ex. sb.Duration = new Duration(new Timespan(0,0,5)); // 5 seconds
or sb.Duration = new TimeSpan(0,0,5); // 5 seconds

I get the same result for both of these it looks like it just lasts for about 1 second.

sfernandez
Site Admin

26 Nov 2014, 03:09

Is there any reason why the storyboard completed function never fires?

Edit: it does in fact fire but it won't let me set the value of the progressbar back to 0 it just stays at 100.
pbReload = FindName<Noesis.ProgressBar>("pbReload");
sbReload = root.FindResource<Storyboard>("sbReload");
sbReload.Completed += sbReload_Completed;
sbReload.Begin(pbReload, pbReload, true);

void sbReload_Completed(object sender, TimelineEventArgs e)
{
    //This never fires
    //pbReload.Value = 0;
}
As I explained here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=547&hilit=fillbehavior#p2801
DependencyProperty follows a value precedence scheme to determine how to obtain the effective value of the property. As you can see in the previous link, an animated value has precedence over a local value (when you do a SetValue).

So when a property is animated, and you want to set a new value in code, you need to clear the property first:
rectangle.ClearAnimation(Shape.StrokeThicknessProperty);
rectangle.SetStrokeThickness(2.0f);
I have to check again the behavior of WPF, but I think it should be done the same way.
Anyway I'm seeing we have a different API compared to WPF, we will change it to make code compatible between WPF and Noesis.

The animation value is just another value source, in fact the animation value is not modifying the local value (that remains the same during all the animation duration). You can specify how your storyboard behaves when the animation completes by setting the FillBehavior property:
  • <Storyboard x:Key="anim"> or <Storyboard x:Key="anim" FillBehavior="HoldEnd"> is the default behavior, that will maintain the last animated value after animation ends.
  • <Storyboard x:Key="anim" FillBehavior="Stop"> will remove last animated value after animation ends, so the local (or any other value with less precedence) will be recovered.
So you probably want to Clear the animation value to reset the ProgressBar value.
I guess I should also note it doesn't look like setting the duration of the storyboard is working in code.
sb.Duration = new Duration(new Timespan(0,0,5)); // 5 seconds
sb.Duration = new TimeSpan(0,0,5); // 5 seconds
I get the same result for both of these it looks like it just lasts for about 1 second.
Changing Storyboard.Duration doesn't change the duration of the inner animation timelines (it works the same in WPF). You probably want to change Storyboard.SpeedRatio to modify the effective duration of all the animation timelines in the Storyboard.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

01 Dec 2014, 15:36

We released a new version of the Unity packages fixing many issues.

Please, download it and report problems.
Thanks!