Beta3 is already out for testing. We are also now providing iOS binaries (expect the rest of platforms to be incorporated progressively)
- Support for activating linear space rendering (sRGB) in D3D11RenderDevice constructor.
- Support for creating ImageSource from memory buffer using BitmapSource::Create.
- Support for creating TextureSource from native (GL, D3D) handles.
- BindingExpression exposed to public API.
- Static text rendering quality improved. Vertical hinting is active by default right now.
- CPU performance greatly improved in our vector graphics engine. For complex scenes the improvement is >50%.
- Improved performance when rendering VisualBrush.
- Added support for high-resolution mouse wheels.
- Popup Opened and Closed events exposed to C#.
- Path hit testing failing sometimes with multiple figures.
- Glyph kerning was sometimes incorrect at the beginning of a line.
- ToolBar not measuring correctly children.
- ContextMenu opening and closing events now matches WPF order.
For those of you testing the new Linear Rendering mode it is very important to highlight that in this mode we perform all the calculations in linear (instead of SRGB) space. This means that gradients, textures and alpha blending is going to be rendered differently from the normal mode and also from WPF. Also text rendering is a bit different. We recommend using OTF fonts instead of TTF because the rendering engine is better, specially for small sizes where contrast is very important.
As always, feedback is welcome.
Thanks a lot!
As always, feedback is welcome.
Thanks a lot!
Beta4 is ready for downloading! Thanks everyone for the great feedback. We are very proud of our community : )
- Apple Metal renderer. Integration sample added to SDK.
- Implemented support for events in code-behind. New tutorial on events.
- C++ Tessellation optimizations to DrawingContext:
- All geometries must be drawn using DrawingContext::DrawGeometry.
- Deprecated DrawLine, DrawEllipse, DrawRectange and DrawRoundedRectangle.
- MeshGeometry is a new kind of geometry for drawing pre-tessellated paths.
- Support for non-fatal (recoverable) errors. Execution can continue after this kind of errors.
- Whenever possible we generate non-fatal errors in noesisGUI.
- A new boolean is passed to the error handler to indicate if the error is fatal or not.
- Enhancement C++ Changes to RenderDevice API:
- All shader constants are now pointers that can be null in case the constant is unused.
- A hash is provided for each shader constant to avoid uploading redundant data to GPU.
- Shader generation is now isolated in each implementation using custom scripts.
- Reduced the number of sampler combinations from 8-bits to 6-bits
- Added information about the surface size in BeginTile to allow vertical flipping avoiding API gets.
- Deprecated DeviceCaps.maxSamples, no longer needs to be implemented by renderers.
- C++ Improved the implementation of Delegates using C++11 features.
- Error mechanism improved in C# bindings, heavily reducing binary size and runtime performance.
- Stencil only used when strictly necessary.
- Xcode compiling now with libc++ (OSX minimal version is now 10.7).
- iOS minimal version set to 6.0.
- RTTI enabled for iOS to avoid linking issues in client code.
- Theme dictionary made global to all views. Noesis::GUI::SetTheme(ResourceDictionary* theme).
- StaticResources resolved while parsing, matching WPF behavior.
- Faster XAML loading times.
- Improvements to TreeView creation times.
- Path no longer cloning geometry to apply the stretching. Faster loading times.
- Key enumeration matching WPF.
- Doc Added note to Unity tutorial about problems using Android OBBs.
- Due to layout issues ListBox shows empty even though it is populated with data.
- First element of the ListBox was moved 1 pixel down when scrolling.
- TextBlock not updating layout after a new measure, rendering nothing.
- Problems disposing C# proxy instances.
- ComboBox selecting incorrect item after scrolling a long list with mouse wheel.
- Duplicate name registration when having the same UserControl several times in a template.
- Crash if caret arranged before TextBox.
- Crash when loading non-existent XAML files. Now a non-fatal error is raised.
- Bindings in DataContext property not updating.
- Setting empty string to a property was not supported in XAML: <Setter Property="Text" Value=""/>.
- Crash when focusing a TextBox before doing its layout.
- Crash in TreeView when clearing ItemsSource collection.
- Invalid generated geometry when stroking an empty Rectangle.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest