flyingtree

Re: Unreal Engine 4

18 Dec 2017, 11:14

IME.png

It works for me. Take into account that "./#Source Han Sans" is a path relative to the file that contains it (in this case MainWIndow.xaml and ControlResources.xaml), so you have to place the ttf file in the same folder where those files are (the Contents folder of the sample) for it to work.

To find out more about URis in NoesisGui, please refer to this document: https://www.noesisengine.com/docs/Gui.Core.URIs.html
Could you hit Enter or 1 to confirm the word and see if they render ok in the TextBox. In my case, the characters render ok in the candidate list too.
And I placed the ttf file in the same folder with the xamls too.
Or, could you update the Login sample with the new font that I can test by myself.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

18 Dec 2017, 11:51

IME.png
It does work for me. This is what the assets look like for me after importing with the new font:
ContentBrowser.png
This is what my Contents folder looks like.
Explorer.png
Could you try running the Blend project?

flyingtree

19 Dec 2017, 10:48

IME.png

It does work for me. This is what the assets look like for me after importing with the new font:

ContentBrowser.png

This is what my Contents folder looks like.

Explorer.png

Could you try running the Blend project?
There are the steps I take:

1. Download SourceHanSans-Regular.ttf and place in the Content folder
s1.png
2. Change FontFamily to ./#Source Han Sans Regular in ControlResources.xaml and MainWindow.xaml
s2.png
3. Reimport MainWindow.xaml in the editor, and still get font import warnings.
s3.png

hcpizzi
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 11:25

Oh! I see now. The font family name is just "Source Han Sans", not "Source Han Sans Regular". Unfortunately the Windows font preview doesn't separate the family name from the style name, which is confusing.

And there are more references to the font family in ControlResources.xaml. I'm sure you changed them all, but just in case.

flyingtree

19 Dec 2017, 12:23

Oh! I see now. The font family name is just "Source Han Sans", not "Source Han Sans Regular". Unfortunately the Windows font preview doesn't separate the family name from the style name, which is confusing.

And there are more references to the font family in ControlResources.xaml. I'm sure you changed them all, but just in case.
Yes, it works now! Thank you very much!

hcpizzi
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 12:33

No worries, glad I could help :)

Let me know if you run into any other problem.

Derjyn

19 Dec 2017, 14:41

Howdy, and thanks for this plugin!

Sorry that my first post has to be an issue, but I'm running into a fatal error when compiling my project. I've run the batch file you added to that latest push, and have copied over the Noesis SDK into the proper place. Alas:
NoesisGUI\Source\NoesisRuntime\Public\NoesisRuntime.h(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Noesis_pch.h': No such file or directory
I'm searching around for the precompiled header now, and will also see what happens if I comment it out. Just wanted to drop this here while I was working on that!

[edit]

No go on commenting that line out, and after running a deep search, I'm not finding a 'Noesis_pch.h' file. Also, that batch file doesn't seem to do anything on my end:

[new_edit]

I just brought my dorkiness to a whole new level- I copied the NoesisSDK into the base source directory, not into the Noesis sub-directory. Things seem to be compiling without complaining now. :oops: :roll:

[ugh]

Okay, so everything compiled. But when I go to start my project:
Unknown exception - code c06d007e (first/second chance not available)

KERNELBASE
UE4Editor_NoesisRuntime!__delayLoadHelper2() [f:\dd\vctools\delayimp\delayhlp.cpp:323]
UE4Editor_NoesisRuntime!_tailMerge_Noesis_dll()
UE4Editor_NoesisRuntime!FNoesisRuntimeModule::StartupModule() [f:\erebus\projects\edt\ue\plugins\noesisgui\source\noesisruntime\private\noesisruntimemodule.cpp:147]
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor_Projects
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll
That line in NoesisGUI\Source\NoesisRuntime\Private\NoesisRuntimeModule.cpp is:
NoesisResourceProvider = new FNoesisResourceProvider();
I'm cleaning everything and trying a rebuild at the moment. Sorry for the stream of crap here!

hcpizzi
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 16:24

It looks like it can't find Noesis.dll.

Is your directory layout like this?
[UE4Root]
+-- Engine
    +-- Plugins
        +-- NoesisGUI
            +-- Binaries
            +-- Content
            +-- Resources
            +-- Shaders
            +-- Source
                +-- Noesis
                    +-- NoesisSDK
                        +-- Bin
                        +-- Include
                        +-- Lib
                +-- NoesisEditor
                +-- NoesisRuntime
In particular, Noesis.dll should be located in [UE4Root]/Engine/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Source/Noesis/NoesisSDK/Bin/windows_x86_64

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

19 Dec 2017, 16:30

Make also sure you are using NoesisGUI 2.1 (beta here). We are adding extra checks to the plugin to verify Noesis is correctly installed.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

19 Dec 2017, 21:18

I've just pushed a couple of changes to GitHub.

There were a couple of compiler warnings that are now fixed.

I've also added the additional checks that @jsantos mentioned to try to verify that the right version of the SDK is installed in the right place. With those changes you need SDK version 2.1.0b12 at least.

I've also added the text file Source/Noesis/NoesisSDK/COPY_NOESIS_SDK_HERE.txt to make it more clear where things must go.

Hope this helps.