Ziriax
Topic Author

Poll: Exporting XAML from Adobe Illustrator in 2017

15 Feb 2017, 19:59

I would like to gather information from the community how they export their XAML files from Adobe Illustrator.

Currently we import the AI into Microsoft Expression Design 4, and export it as XAML. This works rather well, although it puts a clip on each canvas, that we manually remove. One could use the previous version of Blend, and import from Illustrator, and copy/paste that again to another file, but this is clumsy IMHO.

Inkscape could also work, but one must first export to SVG.

I also tried the AI exporter plugin from Michael Swanson , it is updated to work with the latest Illustrator version, but it creates rather large files, and seems to export hidden layers too (something we don't want).

I would love to see lightweight geometry drawing support in Noesis, and then export to a WPF Resource Dictionary from Expression Design.

I also would like to have an open source exporter for doing this in batch. Some exporters already exist for AI->SVG or AI->HTML5 canvas, maybe these can be forked.

Thanks for all the feedback,
Peter Verswyvelen
Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Poll: Exporting XAML from Adobe Illustrator in 2017

15 Feb 2017, 23:32

I would love to see lightweight geometry drawing support in Noesis
Could you please elaborate on this?

Ziriax
Topic Author

16 Feb 2017, 00:10

Peter Verswyvelen,
Strongly Typed Solutions

jsantos
Site Admin

16 Feb 2017, 01:19

Oh, sorry, you mean the Drawing class. Yes, we still don't have it. StreamGeometry inside a Path is the recommended way right now to draw fast.

KeldorKatarn

22 Feb 2017, 00:15

Not wanting to hijack this thread but there's small neat tools around that can export to xaml directly, like Inkscape. For easy shapes and stuff that's certainly an option for me.