KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

Re: Caliburn.Micro port issues

29 Sep 2017, 19:22

Just to make communicating about things a bit easier: https://github.com/KeldorKatarn/Caliburn.Micro.Noesis

It's pretty messy still but this way other people can look at the code. Once we get this thing working well enough I'll probably recreate a repository as a Caliburn.Micro fork so any updates they make can be immediately ported over. Even though I'm not sure that's necessary since I think their codebase is pretty stable and any new additions are platform specific and Noesis irrelevant. But we'll see.

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Sep 2017, 19:59

The next huge thing, without which a lot in caliburn won't work (for tab controls and item controls, is making this possible:
        public static DataTemplate DefaultHeaderTemplate = (DataTemplate)
#if SILVERLIGHT || WinRT
        XamlReader.Load(
#else
        XamlReader.Parse(
#endif
            "<DataTemplate xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation'><TextBlock Text=\"{Binding DisplayName, Mode=TwoWay}\" /></DataTemplate>"
        );
Caliburn uses this to automatically fill a tab or item control with elements which are views automatically resolved from viewmodels.

Is there any way to generate this 1:1 maybe in code? If parsing XAML is not possible? I honestly have never created a datatemplate like this in code, and I don't know if Noesis supports that. From what I know not even .NET supports that. There used to be a way but it's deprecated. Above way of parsing XAML is how you do it in .NET.

Without this basically 50% of caliburn doesn't work.
Yes, we can easily implement this. To sort out things, please, let's create a ticket for each request in the tracker, and then a meta report with references to all of them.
Just to make communicating about things a bit easier: https://github.com/KeldorKatarn/Caliburn.Micro.Noesis
This is great! I will include it in the list of integrations. But could you please remove noesis from that repository? We prefer people downloading always from our page. You can always put instructions in the homepage about how to setup everything (it should be straightforward though, just import your repository into a unity project with noesis inside).

Thanks for the efforts!

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

29 Sep 2017, 20:04

Sure no problem, I totally forgot about that. I'll take the repository down and make a new one with only my code tomorrow. It's getting late here ;)
I'll try to create tickets for all these necessary changes tomorrow as well.

It'll give me a chance to clean up my repository a bit, which I need to do anyway. having Noesis in there is crappy project structure to begin with =).

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

29 Sep 2017, 21:44

Alright, recreated the repository. there's now no history but that's no issue. most of that was just "setup, update Noesis version, update Noesis Verion, get this sample to work..." =)

This should be a good starting point, you can see that I still commented out quite a bit of the caliburn code, but we're getting there slowly but steadily.

GitHub link is still the same.

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

29 Sep 2017, 22:05

This is the 'meta ticket': #1158

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

03 Oct 2017, 17:10

Is that all ok now? :)

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Oct 2017, 22:05

yes! sorry for the delay, we are busy trying to freeze features for the next release.

thanks a lot! at least I would like to solve the parser from string issue for the next version.

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

03 Oct 2017, 22:22

Cool. I'll get back to this once the features are in place :)

sfernandez
Site Admin

09 Oct 2017, 18:05

This is the 'meta ticket': #1158
We already had a metaticket with all the tasks related to this framework: #1038
I closed the duplicates and assigned the metaticket and task issues to you as reporter, so you can follow the development.

JaredThirsk

31 May 2020, 20:52

What is the status of this port? Is anyone using it (or alternatives)?
Did the missing APIs get resolved?