seb776
Topic Author

BUG: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

26 Jan 2018, 10:44

Hi,

I know this is a common error but this one seems not.

I have a simple UserControl (contains Grid, StackPanel and labels) in which I add another simple UserControl (1 Image and a Label) either during runtime or in xaml direclty.
I had an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" in Unity3D but it was working right in the editor, the problem was when I targeted Hololens, the control failed on the InitializeComponent.

I finally found out what was causing the issue, and it seems that Noesis Check for public properties of the code behind class and when a property only have a setter it causes a NullReferenceException in a function Noesis::CheckPublicProperties() (not sure of the exact name).

Is it a desired behaviour or can it be fixed ? In .net or even in mono we are allowed to make getterless properties, I think it should be the case for Noesis too.

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention versions. I am using Unity 5.6.2f1 (I know a bit old but I did rollback for some dependencies), and Noesis 2.1.0b15.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

29 Jan 2018, 14:59

Hi,

We should support getterless properties without crashing, so this is a bug in Noesis.
Could you please report it in our bugtracker attaching the callstack of the exception?

Thanks for your collaboration.