Exedor
Topic Author

Unity Documentation Old?

17 Apr 2018, 11:34

Trying to follow the Blend tutorial under First contact with Blend, and the files referenced don't exist in the Samples directory. Is this because the docs are old or am i missing files?

Running 2.1.0.rc3 in unity 2017.2.0b11

The files it references are Buttons.xaml and ButtonsViewModel.cs, neither of them are under /Assets/NoesisGUI/Samples/Buttons/, since I have no idea yet the purpose of the tutorial I'm simply following it verbatim and it doesn't seem to be relevant any more or at least I don't know why I'm not seeing those files, I can see Button.xaml elsewhere in the structure but i cannot see ButtonsViewModel.cs. :(

Is there anything out of the box in the current state of the Unity NeosisGUI that would be usable with Blend for testing?

It would be really helpful if the documentation had a date time listed so we'd know to ignore anything too old, as is usually the case particularly with actively developed systems :)

Also just a suggestion; Grid conflicts with pathfinding .NET code that commonly uses a ref to Grid(/Heap/etc), and commonly you won't use more than one of these in a single project, it might be a good idea to use the namespacing you've included, an update to the references from Grid to NoesisGUI.Grid fixed it throughout my project.

Thanks!

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Unity Documentation Old?

20 Apr 2018, 10:24

Hi,

I see that the images of that tutorial doesn't correspond to the current folder/file structure. We will update them as soon as possible.
In the meantime the files you are interested on are:
  • Buttons/Buttons.xaml --> Buttons/MainWindow.xaml
  • Buttons/ButtonsViewModel.cs --> Buttons/ViewModel.cs
  • Common/Aero Matics Regular.ttf --> Buttons/Aero Matics Regular.ttf
  • Common/ControlResources.xaml --> Buttons/ControlResources.xaml
  • Common/DelegateCommand.cs --> Buttons/DelegateCommand.cs
  • Common/ElementExtensions.cs --> Buttons/ElementExtensions.cs
  • Common/LogoResources.xaml --> Buttons/LogoResources.xaml
  • Common/NotifyPropertyChangedBase.cs --> NOT NEEDED
Sorry for the misunderstanding this could have caused you.

sfernandez
Site Admin

20 Apr 2018, 11:02

The images have been updated, I'm marking this as solved.

Exedor
Topic Author

20 Apr 2018, 15:08

Thanks! :)