crazegame
Topic Author

Pure Blueprint Project in Unreal Engine

08 Dec 2018, 10:42

Can I use Noesis for unreal with pure blueprint project ? All samples from GitHub are both blueprint and c++.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

Re: Pure Blueprint Project in Unreal Engine

08 Dec 2018, 13:26

Hi crazegame,

As far as I can tell, there are only two of the projects that could not be made to work without C++ code: Menu3D and Localization. The former uses UserControls, that require a C++ code-behind class. The latter uses a value converter that also needs to be implemented in C++.

The rest of the samples mostly have C++ to define the class for the MainWindow and avoid getting a warning in the log, even though those classes don't really add anything and the samples should work the same (except for said warning) without them.

Other samples include a class called ElementExtensions that defines a few dependency properties, but whose behavior will be phased out in favor of the new Interactivity functionality. Removing the use of those dependency properties would allow those samples to work right now without C++ code.

Finally, a couple other samples have some Blueprint function libraries in C++, but that functionality could be implemented in Blueprint as well.

I guess it would make sense to have Blueprint only samples where it makes sense and it's possible. We'll have a discussion about it, since we're updating the samples for the release of Noesis SDK 2.2.

lzt120

07 Mar 2019, 10:05

Today I try the button example with 2.1 SDK, found that it do not work. Only the Hello World example can work in pure blueprint project. I wonder if I need wait for the 2.2 release ?

hcpizzi
Site Admin

08 Mar 2019, 13:11

Hi Izt120,

That demo uses a native class in its 2.1 version. Could you please copy and paste the output log when you try to run it, just to make sure that's the problem?

Thank you!

lzt120

11 Mar 2019, 07:23

What I mean by "doesn't work" is to Run the demo with Pure Blueprint.

LogNoesis: Warning: /Game/MainWindow.MainWindow(111): Unknown type 'Buttons.ElementExtensions'.

PIE: Play in editor start time for /Game/UEDPIE_0_TestLevel 0.144
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel' with GeneratedClass '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel'
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Early EndPlayMap Detection: Level '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel' with GeneratedClass '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel'
LogSlate: Updating window title bar state: overlay mode, drag disabled, window buttons hidden, title bar hidden
LogPlayLevel: Display: Shutting down PIE online subsystems
LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late EndPlayMap Detection: Level '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel' with GeneratedClass '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/TestLevel.TestLevel:PersistentLevel.TestLevel'
LogSlate: Updating window title bar state: overlay mode, drag disabled, window buttons hidden, title bar hidden
LogPlayLevel: Display: Destroying online subsystem :Context_4

hcpizzi
Site Admin

11 Mar 2019, 11:24

Thank you, that was the error I was expecting.

We're updating the samples to work with Noesis SDK 2.2 at the moment, and making as many of them as possible be Blueprint only. HelloWorld, Buttons and Widget3D will be blueprint only with the 2.2 release.

We'll post an announcement on the Official Announcements board once it's released, but I'll update this post as well.