lemmy101
Topic Author

Joypad support (SharpDX)?

12 Jan 2019, 19:13

Currently looking into SharpDX options for UI, and noesis seems great - however I can see no reference to any kind of joypad support, and wondering if this is possible? Perhaps by feeding in up/down/left/right/select commands directly outside of mouse and keyboard input. Seen a couple of years old references here about patching a few files but not sure this is an option to me in the free version I'm experimenting with, or if this would work outside Unity.

Any info would be much appreciated, as apart from this noesis seems the perfect option.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Joypad support (SharpDX)?

15 Jan 2019, 17:07

Yes, it is possible. In Noesis, you are in charge of sending the corresponding input events per frame, just before the view update. You need to map from your device, a joypad in this case, to our Key enumeration. There are few entries there for gamepad (Key.GamepadUp, Key.GamepadAccept, ...) that you could use.

Please let us know if it works for you.

stonstad

02 Mar 2019, 07:46

jsantos, does this mean there is support for changing control focus using arrow keys? i.e. I imagine a screen full of tab-aware controls -- I am wondering if an up or down arrow key input will change focus to an appropriate control.

jsantos
Site Admin

02 Mar 2019, 13:48

Yes, of course. Download the latest C++ SDK , open any Windows executable, plug a gamepad controller and try it yourself. You also have the code implementing that.

jsantos
Site Admin

02 Mar 2019, 13:49

By the way, gamepad codes are described in the Integration Tutorial.