professionaljones
Topic Author

Unable to Package Shooter Game example for web

30 Mar 2019, 22:50

Hi there!

I'm trying to test a packaged version of the NoesisGUI Shooter Game example project and I'm running into this issue.

I've rebuilt the engine (from source), rebuilt the project multiple times and triple checked the install process multiple times and I don't know how to solve this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Unable to Package Shooter Game example for web

03 Apr 2019, 02:18

WebGL is not implemented in Unreal but we are working on it. It is coming very soon. Please open a ticket if you want to track this feature.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

15 Apr 2019, 15:29

Hi professionaljones,

You may like to hear that HTML5 is working on UE4.22 with the latest Noesis SDK 2.2.1 and the latest plugin code from GitHub. I just tested the Shooter sample on Chrome and it works. Please, also make sure you have the latest sample code, since some changes were required to make it work on UE4.22.

Please, let us know if you run into any problems.

professionaljones
Topic Author

15 Apr 2019, 19:30

Hi professionaljones,

You may like to hear that HTML5 is working on UE4.22 with the latest Noesis SDK 2.2.1 and the latest plugin code from GitHub. I just tested the Shooter sample on Chrome and it works. Please, also make sure you have the latest sample code, since some changes were required to make it work on UE4.22.

Please, let us know if you run into any problems.
I'm downloading the new files now, can't wait to get it working!

professionaljones
Topic Author

15 Apr 2019, 20:09

[456/457] ShooterGame.js
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: libcxx_noexcept.a... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\libcxx_noexcept.a" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO:  - ok
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: libcxxabi.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\libcxxabi.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: libc-mt.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\libc-mt.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: compiler-rt.a... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\compiler-rt.a" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: wasm-libc.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\wasm-libc.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: html5.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\html5.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: dlmalloc_threadsafe.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\dlmalloc_threadsafe.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: pthreads.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\pthreads.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: pthreads_asmjs.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\pthreads_asmjs.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: gl-mt.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\gl-mt.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system library: libc-extras.bc... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\libc-extras.bc" for subsequent builds)
    emscripten:INFO: generating system asset: generated_struct_info.json... (this will be cached in "W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenCache\asmjs\generated_struct_info.json" for subsequent builds)
    error: undefined symbol: _ZN6Noesis10BaseObjectnwEm
    warning: To disable errors for undefined symbols use `-s ERROR_ON_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS=0`
    error: undefined symbol: _ZN6Noesis10BaseObjectnwEmPv
    error: undefined symbol: _ZN6Noesis5AllocEm
    error: undefined symbol: _ZN6Noesis6Boxing14BoxingAllocateEm
    error: undefined symbol: _ZN6Noesis6Boxing16BoxingDeallocateEPvm
    error: undefined symbol: _Znaj
    error: undefined symbol: _Znwj
    Error: Aborting compilation due to previous errors
    shared:ERROR: 'W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\emsdk\Win64\node\8.9.1_64bit\bin\node.exe W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\emsdk\emscripten\1.38.20\src\compiler.js W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Intermediate\Build\HTML5\EmscriptenTemp\tmpfun6pb.txt W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Source\Runtime\HTML5\HTML5JS\Private\HTML5JavaScriptFx.js W:\EpicGames\4.22\UnrealEngine\Engine\Extras\ThirdPartyNotUE\emsdk\emscripten\1.38.20\src\library_pthread.js' failed (1)
Is that suggested line
    warning: To disable errors for undefined symbols use `-s ERROR_ON_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS=0`
necessary to complete the launch process?

EDIT: I didn't have the SDK files in the plugin folder, just copied the files, and rebuilt the project.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

15 Apr 2019, 20:54

Hi,

That's weird, I didn't get any of those errors. Can you manually delete the directory Intermediate/Build/HTML5 in the plugin and your game, and also Binaries/HTML5 in your game and try again? Sounds to me like there were parts already compiled with the old SDK that now can't be linked with the new lib.

Which configuration are you building? Shipping or Development?

professionaljones
Topic Author

15 Apr 2019, 21:05

EDIT: Disabling the option to not cook editor content and disabling multithreading in the HTML settings allowed me to create a fully functional build that works in both Chrome and Firefox Nightly
Hi,

That's weird, I didn't get any of those errors. Can you manually delete the directory Intermediate/Build/HTML5 in the plugin and your game, and also Binaries/HTML5 in your game and try again? Sounds to me like there were parts already compiled with the old SDK that now can't be linked with the new lib.

Which configuration are you building? Shipping or Development?
I'm using Development just for testing reasons for now. I already went ahead and deleted the Intermediate, .vs, Binaries, and the .sln files. I was able to make two builds, one using the Project Launcher and using the File -> Package Project option. However I ran into errors in the build.

In Chrome Stable 73

In Firefox Nightly 68.0a1 (2019-04-14)

hcpizzi
Site Admin

15 Apr 2019, 22:08

Glad you got it working in the end :)

I built it from the Launcher version, which doesn't support HTML5 multithreading. Maybe that's the difference.

I definitely saw in the source code that multithreading support requires a rebuild, so maybe it's another case of some source files already compiled without the option. But if you've deleted all the intermediates that's probably not it. Maybe you could rebuild the game from Visual Studio to make sure? I'll give it a shot myself.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

16 Apr 2019, 01:22

I just finished testing it myself, and I get the same error you do. In all fairness, it says that the multithread feature is experimental, and you even have to turn on support in the browser using a flag, so I guess it's not totally unexpected.

professionaljones
Topic Author

17 Apr 2019, 19:19

I have Multithreading disabled in the project but enabled the multi threading and related WebAssembly flags in Chrome. We're working on getting LAN/WAN support functional.