AL_Whiteh
Topic Author

Horizontal Carousel Galerry

05 Apr 2019, 18:32

Hi, I've just started to learn XAML and noesis and I would like to create an infinite horizontal carousel, that a tile will take all the screen.
If the user click on the button "Left", an animation start and show the next tile. All tiles have the same structure, only the content data changes.
It will have to work on Unity for an Android Game.

In this screenshot, it's how "basically" what I want it to look like. The grid "tile" will rotate at the event.

Do you have any suggestions for making my idea work?

thank you in advance for your answers.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Horizontal Carousel Galerry

07 Apr 2019, 18:30

I think the easiest way to implement this is by creating a UserControl with 2 containers where you will load the current screen and the next screen, and then have a pair of animations to slide the next screen either from left or from the right. The user control will load the next screen and start the appropriate animation when the user clicks one of the buttons.

Our NorthGame demo follows a similar approach to slide different screens. And the ControlGallery (Unity) sample also uses animations to transition to the new selected sample.

Please take a look to those samples and let me know if you need further assistance.