whidbey
Topic Author

a performence question

31 May 2019, 03:31

virtual machine /xen /1G memory 2core CPU. running visual studio2015 well with low cpu <10% and other tools.
but running "Noesis" samples even hello world would cost my cpu >40% . not only Noeise,but also mygui ,some other gui like sdl2 either.
what's the problem?

regards

whidbey
Topic Author

Re: a performence question

01 Jun 2019, 16:58

i think is the problem of gpu render ;can i disable gpu feature?

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Jun 2019, 12:13

Our application framework is setup to render continuously everything per frame. This is the common scenario in videogames. But you can avoid that in your own integration if you want. See for example the IRenderer interface:
    /// Applies last changes happened in the view. This function does not interact with the
    /// render device. Returns 'false' to indicate that no changes were applied and subsequent
    /// RenderOffscreen() and Render() calls could be avoided if last render was preserved
    virtual bool UpdateRenderTree() = 0;
GPU cannot be disabled.

whidbey
Topic Author

03 Jun 2019, 16:27

Our application framework is setup to render continuously everything per frame. This is the common scenario in videogames. But you can avoid that in your own integration if you want. See for example the IRenderer interface:
    /// Applies last changes happened in the view. This function does not interact with the
    /// render device. Returns 'false' to indicate that no changes were applied and subsequent
    /// RenderOffscreen() and Render() calls could be avoided if last render was preserved
GPU cannot be disabled.
oh,i dont have a code so can't see what happed in updaterenderTree, I will study more deeper .tkanks

whidbey
Topic Author

04 Jun 2019, 09:05

I search UpdateRenderTree in the flowing files.
\Packages\Samples\IntegrationGLUT\Src\Main.cpp(107): _view->GetRenderer()->UpdateRenderTree();
\Packages\App\ApplicationLauncher\Src\Window.cpp(186): renderer->UpdateRenderTree();
\Packages\App\ApplicationLauncher\Src\Window.cpp(1213): renderer->UpdateRenderTree();
\Packages\Samples\Integration\Src\Main.cpp(177): view->GetRenderer()->UpdateRenderTree();
do you mean I just add a render->UpdateRenderTree(); to Main.cpp would avoid this?

GPU cannot be disabled.

whidbey
Topic Author

04 Jun 2019, 16:58

do you have a complete example? still not resoveld yet.. but cpu problem is most important i think..

GPU cannot be disabled.

jsantos
Site Admin

05 Jun 2019, 16:44

if UpdateRenderTree renders false then you don't need to render that frame. We plan to add support for this in the application framework. I recommend you waiting for it if you are not able to implement it yourself.

whidbey
Topic Author

05 Jun 2019, 17:01

if UpdateRenderTree renders false then you don't need to render that frame. We plan to add support for this in the application framework. I recommend you waiting for it if you are not able to implement it yourself.
I saw the example of integation ,and modify a little
if(updaterendertree()!=false){
//dont render
}

effect a bit as cpu downs when UI no changes;
but hoping the SDK itself could cut down the cpu usages; thank you.

jsantos
Site Admin

06 Jun 2019, 11:28

If you hit CTRL + F to bring stats what update and render time are you getting? You should have numbers under 1 ms.

whidbey
Topic Author

06 Jun 2019, 15:55

If you hit CTRL + F to bring stats what update and render time are you getting? You should have numbers under 1 ms.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jkKQe ... WMx_u=s168

27fps ...simple "Sample.Buttons.exe" 70%cpu