Jamieh
Topic Author

Issue with ObservableCollection.Move

02 Sep 2019, 10:25

Using Noesis in Unity to rewrite/port an old Silverlight App. Most things are going great. However I've run into a problem.

I have an ObservableCollection<T> that is a dependency property of a custom control. This collection is being put into a ListView.

The initial binding is working find, and I'm getting the data. However, I'm attempting to sort the data using ObservableCollection.Move(), and when I do that I'm getting this error in Unity:

[noesis] Unimplemented
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NoesisUnity:UnityLog(Int32, String) (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/NoesisUnity.cs:116)
Noesis.Extend:Noesis_LaunchCollectionChangedEvent(IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Int32, Int32)
Noesis.Extend:NotifyCollectionChanged(Object, NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs) (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Core/Extend.cs:4359)
System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1:Move(Int32, Int32)

Am I doing something here that Noesis doesn't support? Should I be sorting the ObservableCollection via a different method that .Move()? If I recreate the ObservableCollection I can get it to work, but then I lose the binding to the viewmodel that allows me to remove/add items.

I can post code if needed, however I'd like to get a sense of whether what I'm trying to do is supported or not. Or if someone has seen this specific error before and might know what I've done wrong. Thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Issue with ObservableCollection.Move

03 Sep 2019, 02:28

This is not properly implemented. I am not sure how this was not reported before, could you please open a ticket about it?

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Sep 2019, 02:32

As a workaround, for now, you can use Sets to sort the collection. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jamieh
Topic Author

03 Sep 2019, 07:44

Cool, I just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong or unsupported.

I found a hack/workaround. It involves tracking the change notification of the ObservableCollection and rebinding ItemsSource anytime anything changes. Probably not great for perf, but it actually seems to work fine.

I will open a ticket. Thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

04 Sep 2019, 23:51

Thanks for the ticket (#1550)