doomtoo
Topic Author

Following setup tutorial for Unity, error: The tag 'Interaction.Triggers' does not exist in XML namespace

16 Oct 2019, 06:55

I'm trying to follow the tutorial: https://www.noesisengine.com/docs/Gui.C ... unity.html

I'm using Visual studio 2019, setup a WPF App (.Net framework), moved the files into the Unity project folder (parent of Assets).

I am able to see the assets folder, 'Select all the required files (XAMLs, Textures, Fonts, Audios, C#), right click and Include In Project.'

But when I try to rebuild, it throws a bunch of errors, starting with "The tag 'Interaction.Triggers' does not exist in XML namespace" MainWindow.xaml line 112.

It seems like it's not able to see any of the 'triggers' in XAML- as if that's not being included.

I have the noesis GUI extensions 2.2.5 NUget package installed, the unity package I imported is 2.2.5, and I downgraded the project settings target framework to .NET 4.5 (since that's what the nuget project said it was using for the version).

Any ideas what is missing/ how to get the sample working in Visual Studio Blend?

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Following setup tutorial for Unity, error: The tag 'Interaction.Triggers' does not exist in XML namespace

16 Oct 2019, 12:30

Hello,

Inside our Unity package you can find a Blend solution and projects for all the samples, are those projects compiling fine?

Anyway, I just created a WPF .NET 4.7.2 application in Visual Studio 2019 and did the following:
- Added Noesis.GUI.Extensions package.
- Copied Buttons sample files from our Unity package (also available in our GitHub) into my WPF project under Assets/NoesisGUI/Samples/Buttons
- Clicked on "Show All Files" button for the project.
- Selected all source files: Aero Matics Regular.ttf, AudioClick.mp3, AudioSlide.mp3, DelegateCommand.cs, MainWindow.xaml, MainWindow.xaml.cs, Resources.xaml, ViewModel.cs, right click on them and "Include in Project".
- "Rebuild All" the WPF project and hit F5 to run it.

Can you share the whole error message you are getting when building your project?

doomtoo
Topic Author

Re: Following setup tutorial for Unity, error: The tag 'Interaction.Triggers' does not exist in XML namespace

16 Oct 2019, 21:24

Thanks!

I tried it again, but not having the project adjacent to the Unity Assets folder (and instead copied the assets folder into the WPF project).

It worked this time, so it was an issue with moving the solution/ WPF project into the same folder as the assets folder.

It recommends in the tutorial:
"We find very practical to move Blend project files (.sln, .csproj, App.xaml, MainWindow.xaml) at the same level as the Assets/ folder."

What is the right way to move the files? When I tried just moving those files (just the .sln, .csproj, App.xaml, MainWindow.xaml), the project couldn't be opened anymore. When I moved all files, I get the above error.

sfernandez
Site Admin

16 Oct 2019, 21:34

The idea explained in the tutorial is create an empty Blend project and move it next to the Assets folder like this:
ProjectFolder/
--- Assets/
--- --- <unity files: xamls, fonts, textures...>
--- Project.sln
--- Project.csproj
Then you can open it in Blend again and "Show All Files" to see the Assets folder, and select the files inside it to "Include in Project".