Just.V
Topic Author

NoesisGUI grab UI elements with Appium

13 Feb 2020, 11:23

Hello,

Is there a way to grab UI elements using appium on Android or iOS? Can't seem to find anything in the documentation for automation testing.

I've tried on a Unity project using the samples UI examples provided and can't seem to figure it out.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoesisGUI grab UI elemnets with Appium

13 Feb 2020, 13:39

Never heard about Appium, so I would say, by default, we are probably not compatible. But if you can try and tell us... Thanks!

Just.V
Topic Author

13 Feb 2020, 14:12

Appium is an open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS mobile, Android mobile, and Windows desktop platforms

For Unity automation i've been using AltUnityDriver with Appium to get game objects but for the UI elements I can't do that since the UI elements don't appear in the hierarchy.

Is there a testing framework that i could use to get UI element position, UI element text etc. ?

or

Is there an easy way to make the UI elements be game objects in Unity?

jsantos
Site Admin

13 Feb 2020, 14:29

Noesis UI elements are not Game Objects. You need to start at the root of NoesisView and traverse the hierarchy of children using our API. The tutorial about containers is probably useful here.

Steveskok

05 Jun 2021, 12:14

Never heard about Appium, so I would say, by default, we are probably not compatible. But if you can try and tell us... Thanks!
Hi there!

Appium is an open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS mobile, Android mobile, and Windows desktop platforms. Native apps are those written using the iOS, Android, or Windows SDKs. Mobile web apps are web apps accessed using a mobile browser (Appium supports Safari on iOS and Chrome or the built-in 'Browser' app on Android). Hybrid apps have a wrapper around a "web view" -- a native control that enables interaction with web content.

Steveskok

05 Jun 2021, 12:21

Hello,

Go through this link https://appium.io/docs/en/commands/elem ... -elements/

I hope you will find this helpful.