RomanRobot
Topic Author

Have to keep reimporting Inline.cs

13 Feb 2020, 13:34

I am using NoesisGUI 2.2.6 with Unity 2019.3.0f6 and other than this nuisance, it's working perfectly fine for my needs. The issue is that whenever I make changes to a script, I get a million errors in unity saying "Inline" cannot be found.
inline_errors.PNG
So every time I make a change to a script I have to reimport NoesisGUI/Plugins/API/Proxies/Inline.cs. It's not the worst, but it feels like death by a thousand cuts. I will also note that even after reimporting Inline.cs it never shows up in my Unity-generated Visual Studio project.
inline_not_in_project.PNG
My Unity-generated Visual Studio project always shows IntelliSense errors for Inline.
inline_intellisense_errors.PNG
inline_intellisense_errors.PNG (11.29 KiB) Viewed 5727 times
Is there something special about Inline.cs that would help me? I'm tired of reimporting this file each time I change a script.

NOTE: I've tried deleting Unity's Library, bin, obj, and all other generated folders to have it reimport everything from scratch, thinking it was a corrupt database or something, but no dice.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Have to keep reimporting Inline.cs

16 Feb 2020, 19:42

Is this happening with an empty project where you install NoesisGUI package?
Maybe is a problem with the GUID of that file that is conflicting with other files in your project. You can try to delete Inline.cs.meta so Unity regenerates it again and see what happens.

I have just installed Unity 2019.3.1f1, created a new project (using new version 2 of the database), imported our package and I'm not getting those kind of errors. I can add new scripts, modify them and everything seems fine.

RomanRobot
Topic Author

18 Feb 2020, 03:51

So specifically deleting the Inline.cs.meta didn't fix my issue, but following along those lines I decided to delete the NoesisGUI folder, redownload NoesisGUI 2.2.6, and reimport it, and it seems to have solved the issue.

According to my source control client, the reimport caused 9 file changes within the NoesisGUI folder. All metadata files, so I think you're right about something going jank with the metadata files.
noesisgui_reimport_changes.PNG
noesisgui_reimport_changes.PNG (15.84 KiB) Viewed 5700 times
The non-png metadata files are just GUID changes and the png metadata file changes all look like this:
noesisgui_png_reimport_changes.PNG
Either way, problem solved. Thanks for the assist, sfernandez!

jsantos
Site Admin

21 Feb 2020, 18:11

Thanks for your feedback. Glad to know you solved the issue. We are going to verify that those conflicting files you are mentioning have the right GUIDs assigned when our unitypackage is built.