sommmen
Topic Author

Can i use design time databinding with Noesis GUI

21 Mar 2020, 15:34

Hi,

I normally develop in WPF. I don't really use blend but code directly in VS.
I generally use design-time binding in my views to my viewmodels, which i find a very handy feature.

Can i also use design time binding with Noesis?

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Can i use design time databinding with Noesis GUI

25 Mar 2020, 10:54

Hi, if you use Blend as the tool for UI design then the answer is yes. You can take a look at our samples to see how we do it.

For example, the Scoreboard blend project uses an additional ScoreboardSampleData.xaml file for defining design-time data.
d:DataContext="{d:DesignData /Blend/Scoreboard/SampleData/ScoreboardSampleData.xaml}"
The QuestLog sample directly uses a design-time instance of the ViewModel to show data while designing the UI in Blend.
d:DataContext="{d:DesignInstance {x:Type local:ViewModel}, IsDesignTimeCreatable=True}
You can choose what option fits better for your project.

sommmen
Topic Author

25 Mar 2020, 17:40

Hi, if you use Blend as the tool for UI design then the answer is yes. You can take a look at our samples to see how we do it.

For example, the Scoreboard blend project uses an additional ScoreboardSampleData.xaml file for defining design-time data.
d:DataContext="{d:DesignData /Blend/Scoreboard/SampleData/ScoreboardSampleData.xaml}"
The QuestLog sample directly uses a design-time instance of the ViewModel to show data while designing the UI in Blend.
d:DataContext="{d:DesignInstance {x:Type local:ViewModel}, IsDesignTimeCreatable=True}
You can choose what option fits better for your project.
Thanks. Intellisense does not pick it up. I feel like im doing something wrong but knowing it's possible i can investigate.

jsantos
Site Admin

31 Mar 2020, 15:59

Sure, please let us know about it.