Joren
Topic Author

Request ScrollIntoView for ComboBox

07 Aug 2020, 12:14

Hi,

I would like to request the ScrollIntoView function to be added to ComboBox. Similarly how it exists in ListBox. Both classes use the ItemsControl which contains the OnBringItemIntoView, which ScrollIntoView uses. I've locally added it into Noesis and it works like a charm.

Now I know that this function doesn't exist in WPF, and I know you guys want to stay as close to WPF as possible. What are your thoughts on this?

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Request ScrollIntoView for ComboBox

10 Aug 2020, 14:28

I think that function is not available in ComboBox because it only makes sense when the drop down is opened (otherwise there are no items in the visual treee to make them visible).
How are you using it?

Joren
Topic Author

10 Aug 2020, 16:12

That makes sense yeah. Regardless I feel it should be exposed, even though its conditionally useable. Or perhaps ScrollIntoView should be publicly available on the ItemsControl since its rerouted anyway? I can imagine there are much more edge cases to that one.
How are you using it?
We made a system where we can add focuspoints onto elements and navigate those with controller and keyboard. Basically we use this ScrollIntoView function for Listboxes and Comboboxes to navigate up and down and making sure the right items are into view. Checking if the Combobox is open is already integrated into our systems logic.

Those focuspoints can be assigned to any element, this is mainly the reason that I don't want a custom Combobox that implements ScrollIntoView.

sfernandez
Site Admin

11 Aug 2020, 20:41

Could you please add a request in our bugtracker for this? as it is an extension I think we can incorporate it without affecting other situations.

Joren
Topic Author

12 Aug 2020, 13:55

Thanks! Created at #0001778