Kyokuaku
Topic Author

VSBlend: The application which this project type is based on was not found

26 Oct 2020, 00:48

Hi! I have a pre-existing project. I've been using the beta versions of Unity lately, which might be the root of my problem.

I'm using Unity 2020.2.0b8.3329 Personal, VS Community 2019 v16.7.6, VS Tools for Unity v4.7.1.0, and NoesisGUI Templates v1.0.3.

My projects all load up fine in VS, but not in VSB. I get the error 'The application which this project type is based on was not found.'

Do I need to start a new project? Is there something I can edit into my existing project FROM a new, empty NoesisGUI Unity template? Sorry, I'm not sure where I'd even look in the files for a 'solution' to this. Maybe that's where I'll look while I wait for an answer.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: VSBlend: The application which this project type is based on was not found

26 Oct 2020, 10:33

Is it possible that you are trying to open the project generated by Unity with Blend? They are only valid for Visual Studio and are meant to edit scripts only.

If you want to edit xaml files in Blend you need a WPF project created in Blend. Our recomendation is to share the content (xamls and c# classes) between Unity and Blend project, so all the changes you make are automatically processed by Unity and you can see the results when playing.

All our Unity samples are created that way, so if you install our package you will see a Samples-blend.sln with specific projects for each sample.

Kyokuaku
Topic Author

02 Nov 2020, 20:20

I was opening the wrong solution, but even with a fresh project I was having some issues where it couldn't find Noesis.GUI.Extensions.

Ended up resolving all of my issues by re-installing Noesis.GUI.Extensions as a reference, now even my old project works. Whoops.

sfernandez
Site Admin

03 Nov 2020, 13:00

Are you saying that using Noesis.GUI.Extensions nuget package didn't work? Or it was that you were missing that one?