BartekW
Topic Author

Getting Started with C++

25 Mar 2021, 15:29

Hello friends.
Im rly lost how to start with C++ project. When I open sample it compiles and executes but cant open .xaml files properly (designer window) becouse WPF isnt in C++ template project?
It throws errors like: "The elements isnt supported in WPF project."

Its normal that I need to open another project and here design my own .xaml files or in XamlPlayer?

Summary: How to work with C++ and NoiseGUI in 1 solution?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Getting Started with C++

25 Mar 2021, 16:26

Blend projects are C# and it is the only way to visually edit XAML. That's why we recommend having two projects, one for C++ and one C#, but sharing all the XAMLs and resources. That way, whenever you change something with Blend, you get the results in C++ immediately. All our samples in the SDK are structured that way.

BartekW
Topic Author

25 Mar 2021, 16:32

Blend projects are C# and it is the only way to visually edit XAML. That's why we recommend having two projects, one for C++ and one C#, but sharing all the XAMLs and resources. That way, whenever you change something with Blend, you get the results in C++ immediately. All our samples in the SDK are structured that way.
Thanks, exactly needed this answer :)
I mark this as solved

jsantos
Site Admin

25 Mar 2021, 16:35

Thank you!

BartekW
Topic Author

29 Mar 2021, 15:18

Thank you!
May I ask, should I manually write all main.cpp or can I generate somehow it?
Just like link all libraries? Or can I use any template?

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Mar 2021, 20:40

Right now, there is no way to auto generate main.cpp. Please, use the examples included in the C++ SDK as starting points for your project.

BartekW
Topic Author

30 Mar 2021, 09:24

Right now, there is no way to auto generate main.cpp. Please, use the examples included in the C++ SDK as starting points for your project.
Thanks for reply

BartekW
Topic Author

30 Mar 2021, 18:23

Hey, another question. What are those providers? What they do, and do I need it? And how to make .bin.h files automatically? Thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

30 Mar 2021, 19:37

More information in the Resources Tutorial. Our examples come with a command line tool for converting binary files to source headers, Bin2h. This is very convenient for our examples.

BartekW
Topic Author

30 Mar 2021, 21:04

More information in the Resources Tutorial. Our examples come with a command line tool for converting binary files to source headers, Bin2h. This is very convenient for our examples.
Thanks, now I know, but I have another question to be sure im not missing something.. So samples were made in c# and cpp? Its ok if I make .xaml's files and just C++ coding yep? xD I mean those .cpp files in samples looks like generated, arent they?