Sybaris
Topic Author

NoesisView script cannot be loaded...

15 Apr 2021, 11:55

Hi everybody,

since today morning my Noesis installation seems to be corrupted. I have been working with this Unity project for quite a while now but suddenly the NoesisView on the camera cannot be loaded, the Noesis menu items disappeared and it seems as if Noesis is completely gone...
The Noesis components don't even appear in the "Add component" list...
I reimported Noesis a couple of times, but to no avail.
All I did was adding two DLLs to the C# solution and letting them build into the assets folder. Since these DLLs do not contain any Noesis stuff, that shouldn't have done Noesis any harm. (Targeted .Net 4.5)
Any idea what could have caused those problems?
Thanks in advance!
(If necessary I could upload a copy of the project - it's not very big.)

Günther

Sybaris
Topic Author

Re: NoesisView script cannot be loaded...

15 Apr 2021, 13:59

Sorry I forgot:
I'm using Noesis 2.1.0 and Unity 2019.1.0.
I created a default Noesis project from the VS template without any changes and it looked as if everything was OK, menu items appeared, no errors, but when I press play, the screen stays black - no main window displayed.
I also tried to upgrade the project to 2019.4.23 but the problems persist.
This is weird, because I've been working with the application for about 3-4 weeks without any problems...

Sybaris
Topic Author

15 Apr 2021, 14:23

Update: I found the reason why the default project doesn't work: The generated ApplicationResources.xaml references a file named "NoesisTheme.DarkBlue.xaml" which is obviously not installed when using the asset from the asset store. Removing the reference fixes the problem - at least for the default template project:
<ResourceDictionary
  xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
  xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml">
  <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
    <ResourceDictionary Source="/Assets/NoesisGUI/Theme/NoesisTheme.DarkBlue.xaml"/>
    <ResourceDictionary Source="Theme.xaml"/>
  </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
</ResourceDictionary>

Sybaris
Topic Author

15 Apr 2021, 15:23

That's the error message I get when I try to drag NoesisView to a GameObject:

Can't add script component 'NoesisView' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match.

There are no compile errors nor any other messages.

Sybaris
Topic Author

15 Apr 2021, 15:47

I think I got it working by installing Noesis 3.0; but to be honest, I have no idea WHY it is working now... :-(

sfernandez
Site Admin

19 Apr 2021, 10:36

Hi Sybaris, the project templates provided for Visual Studio are for Noesis 3.0 version you can download from our web. The version in the Unity Asset Store is an old one available there only as an introduction to Noesis. We will update that version once we release a new major version in our web. The error you were getting was because the NoesisView script is different on those versions, so it can't use the old one.