ironic
Topic Author

Building Unity project with Noesis GUI (Trial)

21 Nov 2013, 12:19

Hi!
I have downloaded a trial version of Unity 3d 4.3.0f4. Then I downloaded a trial of NoesisGUI 1.1.2.4603 (it is the same with 1.1.1.4550 though).
I created an empty Unity project.
Opened scene NoesisGUI\Samples\CarHud.unity.
Clicked 'Play' button - car HUD in front of rotating cube was shown.
Went to Windows -> Noesis GUI -> settings, checked GL, clicked 'Build'.
Went to File -> Build & Run. Selected 'PC, Mac & Linux Standalone", platform: Windows x86.
Clicked 'Add current' to add the scene.
Clicked 'build and run' button.
When app started I could only see the rotating cube, but no Noesis GUI.
Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Building Unity project with Noesis GUI (Trial)

21 Nov 2013, 12:35

Hi!
Hi!
Let me understand your scenario. Are you on Windows running Unity editor in DirectX (default) or forcing OpenGL? If you are running the standalone in DirectX and data is disabled for DX9 you should get an error.

Please, confirm me this information.

ironic
Topic Author

21 Nov 2013, 12:52

Hi!
Hi!
Let me understand your scenario. Are you on Windows running Unity editor in DirectX (default) or forcing OpenGL? If you are running the standalone in DirectX and data is disabled for DX9 you should get an error.

Please, confirm me this information.
Sorry for confusion. I am running Windows (7, x64, if matters) and not changing any settings. After your post I tried the same scenario, except I used 'DX9', instead of 'GL', and everything was same.
And FYI, I ran into same problem with android (different scene, but same behavior - unity scene visible, Noesis GUI - not).

Thank you!

jsantos
Site Admin

21 Nov 2013, 13:03

Ups, sorry for not having read that you are using a trial. The trial only works inside the editor. You can see the error if you activate the Development Built in the player settings of the standalone.

ironic
Topic Author

21 Nov 2013, 13:21

Ups, sorry for not having read that you are using a trial. The trial only works inside the editor. You can see the error if you activate the Development Built in the player settings of the standalone.
Oh, and I am sorry for missing that point at unity forums and thanks for pointing to making a development build :)