KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

QuickEnter Playmode does not work with Noesis

30 Apr 2021, 14:14

Unity has created new options to enter playmode quicker without a full domain reload or scene reload.

The discussion and an article testing this feature can be found here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/insanel ... de.701930/
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QFM ... azcsgmxkub

I tested this with Noesis and it works fine except right after the editor was started for the first time. If I start the editor with Domain and/or Scene reload reactivated
Noesis complains that it cannot find the Xamls (yes they are referenced by an object in the scene).

If I deactivate those features, run the game once, then activate them again, everything works fine and I'm lightning fast in playmode with the Noesis UI working.

I'm not sure if I'm using this feature wrong or if Noesis doesn't support this or what we can do. Can someone from the Noesis Team look into this and maybe tell me what I need to do to work around this problem or if it is a bug that Noesis can fix?
I am not sure how finished this Unity feature is, at least it no longer says "experimental" so I'm assuming it's supposed to be usable?

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

Re: QuickEnter Playmode does not work with Noesis

30 Apr 2021, 14:42

Actually it works without DomainReload as long as SceneReload is on. It's still very fast that way. Might still be worth looking into why it fails without SceneReload on the initial start.

sfernandez
Site Admin

30 Apr 2021, 16:47

Yes, that is something we should fix, could you please report it in our bugtracker?

KeldorKatarn
Topic Author

30 Apr 2021, 17:09

Somehow this feature seems to be an odyssey. Some larger studios report half the assets and libraries on the asset store being broken as soon as this is turned on.
So you seem to be in good company :P
Still.. might be worth taking a look at, if only to communicate to Unity how to make it easier for asset creators to work with this. Some of those features they came up with seem a little half baked...

sfernandez
Site Admin

30 Apr 2021, 20:06

Thanks for the report, I hope we are one of the plugins supporting this correctly very soon :)