Xab3r
Topic Author

Inspector as a standalone app

04 Jun 2021, 22:38

Hi,

I am trying to migrate quite large existing application from WPF (.net core 5) to Noesis, or at least a part of it to compare performance. Hereby stands my question - is it possible to launch Inspector in these conditions or do I have to install Unity or some other engine to access it ?
Also doc states that I have to have debug-mode noesis dlls for it to work. I imagine NuGet packages for .NET contain release versions, right ? So I'll need to recompile noesis project in debug mode and replace NuGet dlls ?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Inspector as a standalone app

05 Jun 2021, 14:29

The Inspector is a standalone tool compatible with any platform and integration where NoesisGUI runs. It is only available with the Pro license.

For using inspector with your application, you need to be using the 'Profile' Noesis libraries. Those are the default libraries we distribute. So basically, Inspector will work by default.

Xab3r
Topic Author

05 Jun 2021, 18:40

Got it, thanks, To be honest absence of any kind of inspection tool by default is a huge stop factor during "pick technology" phase, especially considering that there are almost no articles about existing integrations with Noesis in business aplications on .NET and it's side-to-side performance vs real world optimized WPF.

jsantos
Site Admin

05 Jun 2021, 19:22

Yes, that's something we have debated here many times. Thanks for your feedback.

Just contact us in private if you need the inspector for your evaluation.