asthomas
Topic Author

ApplicationTutorial does not build - Interaction.Triggers not found, libEGL.so.1 not found

05 Jan 2022, 15:52

I am trying to build the ApplicationTutorial from Samples/ApplicationTutorial/C#/ApplicationTutorial.sln using Visual Studio 2022. I have run into a couple of issues. Can you please provide some direction on how to get past them?

Build Problems:
=============
The latest code from GitHub uses outdated NuGet packages. When I build the solution as downloaded from GitHub I run into an error in ApplicationTutorial-windows in MainWindow.xaml where Interaction.Triggers is not found in MainWindow.xaml line 30.

I updated all the NuGet packages to the latest version and now I get the same error, but in a different project - ApplicationTutorial-blend. I notice this project depends on NuGet package Noesis.GUI.Extensions version 3.0.10, where the others all upgraded to version 3.1.2, if that is relevant.

If I comment out the lines regarding Interaction.Triggers I can build all projects, including IOS and Android.

Android Runtime Problems:
=======================
When I was using the older NuGet packages as defined in the original download (3.0.something), and when I had commented out the Interaction.Triggers code, I could get the Android project to build and run on a physical Android phone. With the 3.1.2 packages, the Android project builds, but at runtime it fails with this exception:
System.DllNotFoundException
Message=libEGL.so.1 assembly:<unknown assembly> type:<unknown type> member:(null)
and this stack trace:
at (wrapper managed-to-native) NoesisApp.RenderContextEGL.eglGetDisplay(intptr)
at NoesisApp.RenderContextEGL.Init (System.IntPtr display, System.IntPtr window, System.UInt32 samples, System.Boolean vsync, System.Boolean sRGB) [0x00000] in <dd5583e1b2964d078500df70752c187f>:0
at NoesisApp.Application.Start () [0x00232] in <2ce19e9540264960bd7825645ecad56f>:0
at NoesisApp.Application.Run () [0x00000] in <2ce19e9540264960bd7825645ecad56f>:0
at RssReader.MainActivity.Main () [0x00013] in C:\Users\andrew\Downloads\NoesisGUI-ManagedSDK-3.1.2-Indie\Tutorials\Samples\ApplicationTutorial\C#\Projects\android\App.cs:30
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context (System.Object state) [0x00014] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/thread.cs:74
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00071] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/executioncontext.cs:968
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx) [0x00000] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/executioncontext.cs:910
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run (System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state) [0x0002b] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/executioncontext.cs:899
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart () [0x00008] in /Users/builder/jenkins/workspace/archive-mono/2020-02/android/release/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/threading/thread.cs:111

asthomas
Topic Author

Re: ApplicationTutorial does not build - Interaction.Triggers not found, libEGL.so.1 not found

05 Jan 2022, 16:22

I found a solution to the build problem. The ApplicationTutorial-blend project is missing references to these libraries:
- System.Windows.Interactivity
- Microsoft.Expression.Interactions

Adding those references to the blend project allows all projects to build.

This does not fix the issue with libEGL.so.1 not found when running on Android.

hcpizzi
Site Admin

Re: ApplicationTutorial does not build - Interaction.Triggers not found, libEGL.so.1 not found

05 Jan 2022, 17:01

Hi asthomas,

We made a change for this version that is probably the cause of your problem. You probably have libEGL.so on your device, which should be a symbolic link that points to another symlink and so on, eventually pointing to the actual so that has the code. Could you check on your device what that chain looks like?

On a device I've got, with a MALI GPU, it looks like libEGL.so -> libEGL.so.1 -> libEGL.so.1.4 -> libMali.so.9.0

asthomas
Topic Author

06 Jan 2022, 15:59

I don't know how to see the root of the file system on an Android device. I'm familiar with Linux, but I haven't had to dig into the OS files. Can you tell me how to see the file system root on Android?

asthomas
Topic Author

06 Jan 2022, 21:42

To partially answer my own question - I downloaded a file explorer app that gives me access to part of the root folder.

I can see /system/lib/libEGL.so. It is a regular file, not a symlink. Same for /system/lib64/libEGL.so.

There is no file named libEGL.so.1 in /system/lib. Is there another folder where I should be looking for the symlinks that would point to /system/lib?

jsantos
Site Admin

10 Jan 2022, 18:10

Effectively, libEGL.so.1 doesn't exist on Android. This is something we broke on 3.1.2, thanks for the feedback. We are already working on a solution.

We also fixed the code on Github to use the latest versions:

https://github.com/Noesis/Tutorials/com ... 8ceac938e1

jsantos
Site Admin

10 Jan 2022, 18:17

Ticket #2233 created for this