vbscrub
Topic Author

UI Not Rendering At All (License Issue?)

19 Jan 2022, 02:06

I'm trying to test out Noesis as it sounds like it would be very useful, but when I try to use one of the samples nothing appears.

All I have done is created an empty 3D URP project in Unity (version 2021.2.7f1), imported the Noesis package (version 3.1.2 indie), then imported one of the samples and dragged that onto the Main Camera. But nothing appears when I enter Play mode in Unity.

Is this because I have not set a license? If so, I am a bit confused by the licensing system. It says indie licenses are only issued when a game is nearly ready to be released and to use a trial license for now, but the trial license only lasts for 30 days which is obviously nowhere near long enough to get a game to the point where it is nearly ready to be released. So how am I meant to handle everything between 30 days and the many months/years it would take to make the game?

CaptainCatSparrow

Re: UI Not Rendering At All (License Issue?)

19 Jan 2022, 10:10

Having the same issue (Unity 2021.2.8f). Probably there is a bug related to URP (12.1.3). I tried 2 approaches with the same result:
1) Creat a URP project, import Noesis and a sample (Scoreboard). In play mode nothing is rendering but camera's solid color like there is nothing there.
2) Download a Scoreboard sample from git and open as unity project. Before converting the project to URP everything works fine in the editor. Once the project is converted to URP UI is not rendered in play mode.

jsantos
Site Admin

19 Jan 2022, 11:27

We introduced a bug in 3.1.2 that broke URP (#2219). It has been fixed and will be available in 3.1.3. Sorry for the inconveniences, meanwhile please use the legacy pipeline.

jsantos
Site Admin

19 Jan 2022, 11:27

but the trial license only lasts for 30 days which is obviously nowhere near long enough to get a game to the point where it is nearly ready to be released. So how am I meant to handle everything between 30 days and the many months/years it would take to make the game?
You can generate a new Trial as many times as you need.

CaptainCatSparrow

19 Jan 2022, 11:36

We introduced a bug in 3.1.2 that broke URP (#2219). It has been fixed and will be available in 3.1.3. Sorry for the inconveniences, meanwhile please use the legacy pipeline.
Got it, thank you!