pdx_hoda_ismail
Topic Author

Implementation of handledEventsToo

20 Oct 2022, 18:36

Hello!

While checking if there is a way to add the handledEventsToo in code, I found in the Microsoft documentation that they have two implementations of the AddHandler function as below:
AddHandler(RoutedEvent, Delegate)
AddHandler(RoutedEvent, Delegate, Boolean)

However, only the first function is implemented in Noesis, and I have to use the handledEventsToo property from the second function in my case.
Is there any specific reason why it is not implemented? Or is there any plans to implement it?

It'd be great if we can use the handledEventsToo in a way to avoid workarounds with lot of code :D

An input will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Implementation of handledEventsToo

24 Oct 2022, 12:29

Hi,

Our current implementation only supports handledEventsToo to register a class handler, so controls can make sure they can handle a base class event. For example, Control does that to raise double click events in response to mouse left button down:
data->RegisterEventHandler(MouseLeftButtonDownEvent, OnMouseDown, true);
There is no specific reason to not implement it for AddHandler too, but it wasn't requested until now. If using the class handler is not an option in your scenario we can implement it. Could you please add a ticket to our bugtracker?

pdx_hoda_ismail
Topic Author

24 Oct 2022, 12:49

Thanks for your reply. I Added it to the bug tracker as requested: https://www.noesisengine.com/bugs/view.php?id=2445

Thanks!

sfernandez
Site Admin

26 Oct 2022, 11:33

Thanks for the report.