DevFear
Topic Author

View.MouseMove() is slow

11 Jan 2023, 17:18

Good afternoon. Experimenting with Noesis performance in Unity. Many objects in the scene have their own marker which is displayed on the screen (Not World NoesisView). The more objects, the more markers accordingly.
Noesis draws 9000 markers at an average of 50-60 fps. However, if you move the mouse on the screen you call View.MouseMove(), which takes a long time, because of which there is a sagging fps.
I understand that this is a pure experiment, but there are two questions.
1) Are there any tips for optimizing the rendering of multiple (very many) UI elements?
2) Is it possible that View.MouseMose() has such a delay, because this method bypasses all child marker elements?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: View.MouseMove() is slow

11 Jan 2023, 20:55

Something very bad and unexpected is happening inside MouseMove. I would say the time is being taken by an event handler connected to MouseMove, MouseEnter or something similar. Do you have something like that?

How many views are you using?

Could you please elaborate a bit more about what a "marker" is?

DevFear
Topic Author

12 Jan 2023, 06:39

No. Surprisingly, elements do not subscribe to MoseMove, MoseEnter, etc. events.

Marker is an xaml that is drawn on the main View. By design, there can be many such markers. I tested performance on 9k-10k markers. Is it possible that the MouseMove event goes through all these markers every frame, thereby causing latency? If so, is there any way to disable such an event? Is there a way in Noesis to quickly draw multiple elements with its own xaml layout?

jsantos
Site Admin

12 Jan 2023, 10:56

The MouseEvent should only go through the markers that are under the cursor. I assume this will only be just one of a few of the total.

Would it be possible to replicate this problem in a minimal scene you could share with us in a ticket?