DigitalKarnage
Topic Author

Issues when using SFML

19 Mar 2014, 13:15

Cause i was having some issues in my main build, i decided to create a simplistic version of what i'm trying to achieve, and have noticed several things.

using Windows 8.1, SFML, and OpenGL.

Triggers for storyboards are not being updated
Screen flickering, or no geometry at all
Containers are not Clipping.
unhandled exception when calling NsGetKernel()->Shutdown();

following the example given for "NoesisGUI Integration Tutorial >> OpenGL" I have setup, and have gotten Noesis to display the xaml files, samples, customs etc. However i still feel as though i'm not doing something just right, cause of the aforementioned results. Am i pulling the last remaining hairs i have left, or are these known bugs. I can supply a project file (Visual studio 2012 - 2013) that will reproduce these issues if need be. I can attach screenshots, videos as well.
Last edited by DigitalKarnage on 24 Mar 2014, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Issues when using SFML

19 Mar 2014, 15:27

The best way to verify is something is bug or not is testing the xaml in the XamlPlayer. Please test there if the triggers are working. They should.

I think that the root of your problem in your integration is that you are not restoring the GL state properly. I don't know how SFML works, if it has an internal cache that can be invalidated or not. If there is no way to invalidate the state using SFML then the best way is doing it manually like this code (StoreRenderStateGL, RestoreRenderStateGL)

https://github.com/Noesis/OgreBindings/ ... ndings.cpp

About the containers not clipping you need a stencil surface active when rendering to the main frame buffer.

DigitalKarnage
Topic Author

20 Mar 2014, 04:46

Thanks this seems to have helped with the screen flickering, or geometry not showing up.
To solve the 'triggers' not working, i needed to pass the total amount of time, since the start, not the elapsed amount of time, since the last update.

However I'm still having the following issue. The text highlighted should be 'collapsed' within the panel. This is the expander.xaml class from the sdk:

jsantos
Site Admin

20 Mar 2014, 15:25

Yes, as said above that is happening because you need a stencil surface active when rendering to the main frame buffer.

Please, activate it and tell us if the masking issues disappear.

DigitalKarnage
Topic Author

24 Mar 2014, 16:26

I'm still unsure what you mean by stencil surface active, however i'm not to concerned, since i realized that OpenGL isnt' as straight forward as DX. So i opted to go with a rendering engine, and since you suggested 'Orge' via binding in a previous post. I decided to use that. Everything seems to be going well with it right now, no major hiccups. And everything is working as expected otherwise, except for the exception on NsGetKernel()->Shutdown();

Again it's possible that i'm not doing something right here as well, but atleast noesis is in a 'managable' state now. Thanks j for the help

jsantos
Site Admin

25 Mar 2014, 11:08

I don't know about SFML but with stencil surface active I mean a context created with Bits of the stencil buffer as described in the following documentation.

About the problem with the exception at Shutdown(), it is probably happening because you are not releasing all noesisGUI resources before shutdown. Make sure that all instances are deleted first before that point. The Ogre Bindings are organized that way, please have a look at them.

Thanks!

DigitalKarnage
Topic Author

26 Mar 2014, 07:38

perfect ^^