Cleroth
Topic Author

Richtext and other things

12 May 2014, 16:43

I'm interesting in buying NoesisGUI but I got a few questions first:
1. Does NoesisGUI support Richtext? If not, will it?
In other words, can I create something like this:

2. I downloaded the trial, and when playing on Unity it crashed several times. What's with that?
3. Can NoesisGUI create floating windows?
4. Text handlers currently don't implement CTRL + A (Select All). I tend to use that a lot to either copy or erase a whole text.
5. Does it have a Notebook Control like this http://static.micahcarrick.com/media/im ... tebook.png?

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Richtext and other things

12 May 2014, 18:29

Not for now, although it is our roadmap implementing inline formatting. It has been requested several times. It is one of the features being implemented in 1.2.x
2. I downloaded the trial, and when playing on Unity it crashed several times. What's with that?
Could you elaborate more about this? (platforms, sample, steps...). Do you have a minidump to send us?
Do you mean a floating Operating System window? In this case, the answer is no because we can only render to Unity surfaces.

But you can easily create floating windows inside the main window create by Unity.
4. Text handlers currently don't implement CTRL + A (Select All). I tend to use that a lot to either copy or erase a whole text.
Will be implemented in the next minor release (v1.1.8), planned for this week.
5. Does it have a Notebook Control like this http://static.micahcarrick.com/media/im ... tebook.png?
Yes, that is a TabControl.

Cleroth
Topic Author

13 May 2014, 19:01

Thanks for the quick response.
Not for now, although it is our roadmap implementing inline formatting. It has been requested several times. It is one of the features being implemented in 1.2.x
Any vague ETA on that?
Could you elaborate more about this? (platforms, sample, steps...). Do you have a minidump to send us?
I loaded the Control & Style Gallery scene, played around a bit, switched styles a few times, then eventually, when I switch styles again, it throws this error on console (and the dialog disappears):
ApplicationException: Unhandled exception at 0x2CBAC335: Access Violation reading location 0xAF688C00
Noesis.FrameworkElement.SetResources (Noesis.ResourceDictionary resources) (at Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/Proxies/FrameworkElement.cs:926)
ControlGalleryLogic.OnStyleSelectionChanged (Noesis.BaseComponent sender, Noesis.SelectionChangedEventArgs args) (at Assets/NoesisGUI/Samples/ControlGallery/ControlGalleryLogic.cs:81)
Noesis.Selector.RaiseSelectionChanged (IntPtr cPtr, IntPtr sender, IntPtr e) (at Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/Proxies/Selector.cs:73)
(wrapper native-to-managed) Noesis.Selector:RaiseSelectionChanged (intptr,intptr,intptr)
Noesis.UIRenderer.Noesis_MouseButtonUp (Int32 rendererId, Single x, Single y, Int32 button) (at Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/Core/NoesisUIRendererImports.cs:178)
Noesis.UIRenderer.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.Event ev, Boolean enableKeyboard, Boolean enableMouse) (at Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/Core/NoesisUIRenderer.cs:235)
NoesisGUIPanel.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/NoesisGUI/Scripts/NoesisGUIPanel.cs:135)
Loading the same example and switching styles doesn't seem to crash it, so the only way I was able to reproduce is it to just play around for a while until it crashes. Hard to say. I've attached the minidump.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, with Unity Pro 4.3.4f1
Do you mean a floating Operating System window? In this case, the answer is no because we can only render to Unity surfaces.

But you can easily create floating windows inside the main window create by Unity.
I just mean being able to move dialogs/windows/panels/widgets by click-dragging them on the title. I'm asking because I wasn't able to move anything in any of the examples. If it's not implemented then I'm guessing it shouldn't be hard to connect an OnClick signal to move whatever object is drawing the surface?
Will be implemented in the next minor release (v1.1.8), planned for this week.
Yes, that is a TabControl.
Great!
Attachments
Dumps.rar
(62.34 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

jsantos
Site Admin

14 May 2014, 02:14

Any vague ETA on that?
Will be the first feature to be implemented in v1.2.1. But for now, we are working in v1.1.8 (to be released this week) and v1.2.0 (to be released this month). Sorry for the vague details. :?
Loading the same example and switching styles doesn't seem to crash it, so the only way I was able to reproduce is it to just play around for a while until it crashes. Hard to say. I've attached the minidump.
I'm using Windows 7 64-bit, with Unity Pro 4.3.4f1
Thanks for the report. Could you please file a bug with this information? That way you can track it and if we need more information we can continue the conversation privately.

I just mean being able to move dialogs/windows/panels/widgets by click-dragging them on the title. I'm asking because I wasn't able to move anything in any of the examples. If it's not implemented then I'm guessing it shouldn't be hard to connect an OnClick signal to move whatever object is drawing the surface?
I think this sample shows what you are after: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=294

Thanks!