picpic2006
Topic Author

DLL conflict with other plugins ?

08 Jul 2014, 17:32

Hello,

I seem to have a conflict between noesis and other plugin "AVquicktime Pro". I have to make a video player application and i decided to use noesis for gui part. but i have a strange issue with my other plugin "AVquicktimePro"
http://renderheads.com/portfolio/UnityAVProQuickTime/

When i import avquicktimepro i have to copy manually the Plugins folder present in my AvQuicktimePro folder to my root in asset folder to make it work ! It seem to be a limitation to the plugin, imported from the asset store.
After that step all work for my plugin, so i decided to import Noesis 1.1.9 all go in place. I test it and the two plugins seems to work perfectly.

After that i close and open again unity to force it to import noesis Assets from the build !

And this is the fatal step for AvQuickTimePro after that it won't be able to load the avquicktimepro Dll present in the plugins folder. I really don't know why because it still present in that folder.

I will contact the AvQuicktimePro dev to investigate !

I don't know why it bug, i tested again and again and it is the same behaviour.

Have you got any idee of how to make it work ?

Thanks

picpic2006
Topic Author

Re: DLL conflict with other plugins ?

08 Jul 2014, 18:16

Hi,

I just test it on mac Osx i have no conflict, it seem to be only on windows.
I send a mail to the dev, i just have to wait !

thanks

sfernandez
Site Admin

09 Jul 2014, 13:01

Our plugin places the windows dlls inside Assets/Plugins/x86 and Assets/Plugins/x86_64 folders as stated by Unity here: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/PluginsForDesktop.html

When a Windows standlaone is generated and these folders exist, Unity only copies dlls from the corresponding folder (x86 for 32 bits, and x86_64 for 64 bits).

I see that the mentioned plugin places its dll directly in the Assets/Plugins folder, so I guess that generated standalone doesn't have the dll copied. Can you confirm it?

You have 2 options:

1) Copy other plugin dlls inside x86 and x86_64 folder along with NoesisGUI libraries.
2) Copy the library version you need from NoesisGUI to the Plugins folder root, outside x86 or x86_64.

EDIT: We recommend the first option because it is what Unity expects. Also notice that second option requires to delete the x86 and x86_64 folders, otherwise Unity will continue to look inside those folders.

picpic2006
Topic Author

09 Jul 2014, 13:27

Hello,

Yes it doesn't copy any dll when a standalone is generated. i tryed yesterday to build with the two plugins, i copy manually the AVquicktimePro Dll in the plugins folder of the data folder in the standalone, and it seem to work !
But it still doesn't work in the unity editor.

I will test tomorow morning to copy my avquicktimepro dll in the x86 folder to test if it work better.

Thanks you.

picpic2006
Topic Author

10 Jul 2014, 09:17

hello,

I test to copy it in x86 folder and x86_64
And it work great
It is good to know for futur.

Thanks you for helping me.

jsantos
Site Admin

11 Jul 2014, 00:58

I would say this is a limitation (bug) of Unity. Whenever you create the x86 and x86_64 folders, the parent one is ignored. At the end this implies that all plugins should be moved inside these directories. This is what the creator of UnityAVProQuickTime should be doing.

Please keep us informed about this.

picpic2006
Topic Author

11 Jul 2014, 12:26

Great,

Thanks i just inform him from that. It is something that should happen with every plugins.
I give him this post link. In my case i just move the AvquicktimePro dll in the x86 folder because it only support X86 not 64 bits. And every things work great.

Thanks