Frodo
Topic Author

Storyboard "on start" event?

21 Oct 2014, 17:03

Hi

I realised that storyboards have a "completed"event, but I did not find any kind of "on start" event.
Is there another way to call a method when a particular storyboard starts?

Thank you for your help.

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: Storyboard "on start" event?

22 Oct 2014, 19:37

Sorry, but we don't provide any event for that.

How do you trigger a Storyboard to start? Who is responsible to begin that Storyboard?
Maybe you can expose an event in the class that is in charge of launching these animations.
Another solution may be declaring a boolean dependency property that you set to true when animation is started, so you get notified in the PropertyChangedCallback and can do whatever you want.

sarakhan

07 Nov 2014, 07:06

Is there anything missing
We provide 98-366 free exam questions - braindumps.com to pass certkiller gmat with online exam wikipedia itil and Cornell University you can also get best quality PMI along with selftestengine mcat for your guaranteed Intel

Frodo
Topic Author

07 Nov 2014, 07:51

No, I don't think so. Actually it is possible to store a lot in the storyboard it self, so in most cases an "on start" event is not needed. Anyway, in the meantime I could solve my problem.

jsantos
Site Admin

07 Nov 2014, 11:21

Note that we do not provide this event because it is not available in WPF. Although there are several events in the Clock that could be used to indirectly get that information we don't have them implemented because as Sergio said there are alternatives to the functionality you require.