JaredThirsk
Topic Author

Status and pricing of 1.2 with Unity 5 Personal

04 Mar 2015, 00:05

Hi, now that Unity 5 is released, I am trying to evaluate my options and I am trying to figure out the accurate up-to-date status of NoesisGUI without reading every single forum post:
  • I only see NoesisGUI 1.1 in the Unity Asset Store, yet I see on your site 1.2 is released. Is 1.2 available in the asset store yet or when will it be?
  • What will the pricing be for 1.2? I see 1.1 is currently listed at $45
  • Does NoesisGUI work with Unity 5 Personal (free)?
  • What is the current status of 64-bit, IL2CPP, and mobile?
-Thanks

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Status and pricing of 1.2 with Unity 5 Personal

04 Mar 2015, 08:21

I only see NoesisGUI 1.1 in the Unity Asset Store, yet I see on your site 1.2 is released. Is 1.2 available in the asset store yet or when will it be?
It will be available in the Asset Store. But not now, in a few months, probably whenever v1.3 is released. We have decided to release a very cheap version of NoesisGUI in the Asset Store that is a bit older than the current one.

It is like a trial, but you have the full product and you can use it to develop your games.
What will the pricing be for 1.2? I see 1.1 is currently listed at $45
Pricings are listed in our licensing table. As explained here if you bought in the Asset Store and you are interested in buying at our webpage we discount you what you already paid.
Does NoesisGUI work with Unity 5 Personal (free)?
Not yet. Although as explained here it is already working with the Unity5 32-bits editor.
What is the current status of 64-bit, IL2CPP, and mobile?
IL2CPP is working fine in Unity v4.6 for iOS ARM64.

Thanks!

JaredThirsk
Topic Author

04 Mar 2015, 14:17

Thanks for the response!

Some things are still not clear to me or else I may have bought this already (I love making GUIs in XAML):
  • I am interested in Unity3D. It would be nice to be working with the latest version for Unity3D but I have no idea how this works right now...
  • I see an option on the pricing webpage you linked to purchase a non-Unity license, but no option to buy the latest Unity3D release.
  • Does this mean it is no longer possible to purchase an up to date Unity3D license? (I am confused because you announced/tweeted/blogged 1.2 is released, and available for Unity, which you are known to sell through the asset store.)
  • Does this mean it is no longer possible to become a "verified customer" if I purchase a license via the asset store?
  • What does it mean to "upgrade" a Unity Asset Store license? What am I upgrading to?
  • I only see an option for a per project license. Does that mean I have to upgrade to that?
  • If so, how does it work to mix a personal license and a project license? I am really confused.
Thanks!
-Jared

jsantos
Site Admin

04 Mar 2015, 17:35

Latest v1.2 version can only be bought:
  • At our website.
  • Licensed per project. This license is only consumed in a commercial project. So, once you bought it you can use it in multiple personal projects, as soon as they are not commercial (you earn money directly).
  • All our licenses include the Unity package.
We still maintain an old version (v1.1 right now) at the unity asset store that is licensed per seat (mandatory in the store). We want to have this package at a very cheap price with the handicap of being a little bit outdated version. If you don't want to wait for v1.2 coming to the Asset Store you can buy at our webpage and we will discount you what you already paid at the store. This is what we mean with an "upgrade". Note that in the upgrade you switch from a "per seat" model to a "per project" model.

I hope this clarified things a little bit.

JaredThirsk
Topic Author

04 Mar 2015, 18:49

If by personal projects you mean projects that are free and aren't sold for money, I think it all makes sense now.

Thanks! I think I am going to go buy the old 1.1 version, and probably get a project license some point soon. As an indie who may release a few small games that may not even be profitable, the per-project license really freaks me out, but I will think about it.

Oh wait a minute, one more thing:

I saw that 1.2 works in Unity 5 32-bit editor, but does 1.1 work on Unity 5 personal edition? It makes quite a big difference if I am paying $45 to try NoesisGUI, or $1545 to pay for Unity 4 pro!

PS - Now that the free edition of Unity 5 supports plug-ins like yours, you may want to make all this easier to figure out for the many new potential indie users you may get!

jsantos
Site Admin

05 Mar 2015, 07:10

Hi!

Thanks for your comments. We will try to clarify this a bit more in the upcoming days. Anyway I really recommend you acquiring a v1.2 license at our website because the list of improvement is really huge and at the end if an indie project is not able to generate at least 250 euros I doubt it can be considered a commercial project.

Regarding v1.1 and Unity5, it should work using the tricks explained here.

JaredThirsk
Topic Author

05 Mar 2015, 10:12

Ok thanks! Yeah, 250 Euros is not a lot.

I guess it is more of an emotional hurdle to those of us who like the feeling of owning perpetual licenses.

But as a software developer, and a small one, I think it is good for developers that the industry is moving more towards subscription or per-use (like in your case) models, since people like you need an ongoing revenue stream to keep making the product better!

KeldorKatarn

08 Mar 2015, 04:33

When do you guys expect to have 1.2 fully working with Unity 5? 64bit editor and all, simply 100% support? Is it a matter of days, weeks, months?

JaredThirsk
Topic Author

08 Mar 2015, 12:42

BTW, I purchased NoesisGUI! Looking forward to using it!

jsantos
Site Admin

11 Mar 2015, 21:38

BTW, I purchased NoesisGUI! Looking forward to using it!
Thanks!!!!