Hi
Is it possible to use the sdk from c#?

Thanks
Yehiyam

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Noesis Gui in c#

06 Jun 2013, 10:25

Hi, for now the unique C# bindings are available in Unity, although we are planning to include them as part of the win/osx SDK.

If you want to test it, you can extract the DLL and .cs proxies from the .unitypackage. Contact me if you need more information.

Thanks.

yehiyam
Topic Author

10 Jun 2013, 12:42

Hi, for now the unique C# bindings are available in Unity, although we are planning to include them as part of the win/osx SDK.

If you want to test it, you can extract the DLL and .cs proxies from the .unitypackage. Contact me if you need more information.

Thanks.
Thanks
I looked at the unity package, but I can't spend the time right now removing all of the unity dependencies, and making it work with plain c# and openGL.
Do you have an estimate on when the windows c# bindings will be available?

Thanks
Yehiyam

jsantos
Site Admin

11 Jun 2013, 14:57

Hi,

For now I can't give you an estimation for this. It has been added to our internal database of feature requests that will be sorted out as soon as v1.0 is released.

Thanks!

mdx

18 Jul 2013, 12:06

Hi,

Are there any news on this front? I tried to use C# bindings in Unity package but was unable to initialize and render to DirectX/OpenGL using Unity version of noesis.dll. So I went with the C++ version of the DLL, created C++ CLI project to wrap it and it works. I am able to render etc. However to create complete CLI wrapper for all classes etc. is a lot of work, especially without sources. Do you have an estimate when official C# bindings or wrapper for standalone Noesis dll (without Unity) could be available? I guess you already generate binding for Unity version of the DLL, could it be possible to generate bindings for the standalone version as well?

Thanks, Martin

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: NoesisGUI in C#

18 Jul 2013, 13:35

Hi,

In the v1.0 there have been many improvements to the bindings (error handling mainly) for c# but for now they are not still available out of Unity.

Problem we have is that we cannot use C++ CLI because we use mono (multiplatform) were clrsafe is needed. For that we are using a tool based in swig.

We have the proxies inside the Unity project (.cs and .cpp inside the Noesis.dll that comes with Unity). If this is high priority for you I could give you access to that if you want (we need to discuss the terms in private).

We have one company collaborating with the Ogre port, and another one with the Linux port. Would you be interested?

If not, soon or later this is going to be ready but you will have to wait.

mdx

18 Jul 2013, 22:47

I'm ultimately looking for a multiplatform solution as well, so work on a CLI interface for Windows only seems like a waste of time. I was hoping there was some easy way for you to compile a version of noesis.dll with proxies from Unity project, but without dependencies on Unity. If I understand it correctly, to do this means to create a new version of noesis.dll with all the necessary exports and then use proxies from Unity project for shared classes and add additional proxies for standalone-version-specific-classes for initialization and control of Noesis engine. Is that correct?

jsantos
Site Admin

22 Jul 2013, 15:27

Doing that is not hard. But it takes times and we have a *big* list of issues pending to be solved. But you could advance if you take the proxies (.cs) from unity and the noesis.dll that comes with the plugin.