hangar18
Topic Author

[Unity] Shader problems

02 Dec 2015, 08:53

Hey guys..

we are currently evaluating the 1.2.5f7 build of NoesisGUI for Unity but we face a problem we can't solve and we think you might want to take a look at. We are using Unity 5.2.2f1.

Here is a screenshot of what we see AFTER we hit play:
Bildschirmfoto 2015-12-02 um 08.31.07.png
There is not much in the scene at that point because we instantiate pretty much all of our objects during runtime.

One thing we very much depend on is to be able to use SVGs with RageSuite from freakow. As you can see, this blue tint does not only affect the gamescreen alone, but rather the whole game window (including stats etc.). Even when we resize it, it's still there.

Just for comparison we instantiated a RageTools vector object in this scene (using a much more expensive shader) and used NoesisGui to open a context menu right next to it. As you can see, the object is not affected by this, but the context menu is. One thing we found out is that if we change their basic (Ragetools) shader for our objects to something different, this behavior stops.

Do you have any clue how we may be able to fix this?

FYI: We are in touch with the RageTools author just as well of course, but this is only happing when using both solutions (NoesisGUI & RageTools) in the same project.

Regards

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: [Unity] Shader problems

02 Dec 2015, 22:28

Could you also post a screenshot with the same contextual menu displaying correctly? (disabling RageTools I suppose).

This is a low-level interaction between NoesisGUI and RageTools, but if NoesisGUI is not displaying correctly then there is a bug at our side and we will need your project to analyze what is going on.

hangar18
Topic Author

03 Dec 2015, 12:33

Could you also post a screenshot with the same contextual menu displaying correctly? (disabling RageTools I suppose). This is a low-level interaction between NoesisGUI and RageTools, but if NoesisGUI is not displaying correctly then there is a bug at our side and we will need your project to analyze what is going on.
Thanks for looking into this..
I did some further testing and set up another project with simple cubes that open a context menu after receiving right mouse clicks. This project does not implement ANY other plugins besides NoesisGUI to see what exactly the problem is here.

One thing I can say is now, the context menu(s) open and the screen does not tint blue anymore, BUT Unity crashes right after leaving playmode. So whatever is happening here, it could very well have something to do with NoesisGUI.

If you like me to send you the project files please let me know where I can drop it off. One problem for us is now that we only have 1 day of evaluation time left with our copy of NoesisGUI and I don't want to register my copy until I can be sure it will work for our projects.

Regards

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Dec 2015, 12:54

Yes, please upload the files to the tracker (you will need to create an account):

http://bugs.noesisengine.com/

Regarding the trial expiration, send us an email again and we will give you a new one.

Thanks for your feedback!