Faerdan
Topic Author

[Unity] Linear Color Space

02 Dec 2015, 15:10

In my project I am using Linear Color Space, this is required by our PBR textures and effects.

Noesis looks washed out when in Linear Space, is this a known issue?

I did a search on the forum and found this Gamma vs Linear lighting post, but there was no resolution there.

I tested this by creating a new project and importing Noesis 1.2.5f8. Switching the project Color Space to Linear causes to UI to be washed out, just like in my own project. Screenshots below.

Gamma Color Space
NoesisGammaSpace.png
Linear Color Space
NoesisLinearSpace.png
Thanks,

Mark

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: [Unity] Linear Color Space

02 Dec 2015, 23:23

Yes, it is a known and reported issue in d3d11 (working fine in GL and d3d9). It is in the Trello board under the Low-Priority tasks because for the team that reported it, the issue was not critical.

How critical is this for you? I think we could move the task for the next version if you need it.

Faerdan
Topic Author

03 Dec 2015, 00:21

It won't become critical for us until late January, that is when we are due to do a pre-alpha release to our community for testing. We will also be recording our next trailer at that stage.

We may be able to hold out for longer by forcing DX9. My priority in relation to Noesis is those performance improvements.

Thank you.

jsantos
Site Admin

03 Dec 2015, 12:52

Ok, I have added it to 1.2.7.

Regarding the performance issues, we are working on them these days. Please, remember to upload to the tracker your scenario so that we can test it.

Thanks!

Faerdan
Topic Author

03 Dec 2015, 12:59

Thanks man, I am going to work on a sample project for the performance issues, and flickering, today.