Faerdan
Topic Author

DataTriggers seem to ignore Converters

11 Feb 2016, 17:30

Hi there,

Using a Converter in a DataTrigger binding is not working, the Converter's return value seems to be ignored and the original value is used instead.

Example:
<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding EquipmentSlot.Equipment.OperatingPowerLevel, Converter={StaticResource Return2TestConverter}}" Value="2">
    <Setter Property="Stroke" Value="#FF4BAABE" />
</DataTrigger>
In the above example the Return2TestConverter converter always returns 2. However the DataTrigger only triggers when the value of EquipmentSlot.Equipment.OperatingPowerLevel is 2.

Would it be possible to get this corrected?

On a side note (and far less important) I have seen WPF examples use Value="True" and Value="False" for boolean values. These do not seem to work in Noesis.

Thanks!

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: DataTriggers seem to ignore Converters

11 Feb 2016, 17:38

Yes, there is task to allow the use of converters in DataTriggers for 1.2.6 version: https://trello.com/c/Qqy1Vgd6
On a side note (and far less important) I have seen WPF examples use Value="True" and Value="False" for boolean values. These do not seem to work in Noesis.
Do you mean in DataTriggers? Because "True" and "False" are used all around the NoesisStyle templates.

Faerdan
Topic Author

11 Feb 2016, 17:45

Actually sorry, I just realised I had tested "True" and "False" with a Converter (before I realised they were ignored). The Converter was the issue there.

Glad to hear the fix is incoming.

Thanks for your time.

jsantos
Site Admin

29 Apr 2016, 15:00

This was fixed in 1.2.6