aammfe
Topic Author

complex Listview

18 Oct 2016, 23:37

Hi there,
currently i m using Noesis trial , i want to know how complex listview could me made with Noesis ?
item should be variable size , does it effect on scrolling speed ...?
Attachments
guest-videos.png
guest-videos.png (70.72 KiB) Viewed 1271 times

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: complex Listview

19 Oct 2016, 03:48

Hi,

If you use a virtualized list (by default in ListBox and ListView), having variable size elements introduces some inefficiency to the scroll logic. But having very complex items has the most impact on performance, as item's visual representation must be generated every time a new item enters the visible viewport. The great advantage of virtualization is that your list can have hundreds of items and that won't affect the performance.

If you disable the virtualization (by setting VirtualizingStackPanel.IsVirtualizing=False) in your list, then all items will generate their visual representation when loading. So this is not recommended if there are many items in your list. If this is not the case, scrolling that list won't depend on item size or item complexity.

If you find any performance problems, please explain your scenario here and we will try to find what is happening and see if we can improve it.

Cheers.