JayOfAllTrades
Topic Author

Supported Engines

10 Mar 2022, 21:59

I've been searching for a while and looking through the documentation, but what still isn't clear to me is what engines this library has support for. The main page for NoesisGUI shows a large list of supported engines, but I've only seen examples for Unity. I've read through the documentation and its sounding to me that while anyone can technically engineer their own library to integrate Noesis vector rendering to whatever graphical library your engine is using, Noesis isn't designed to work with these engines "out of the box".

In my case I am looking to use Noesis with Monogame, and from what I can tell by browsing the documentation and forums there is no official support for the Monogame framework - only a user developed integration which only supports windows. Please correct me if I'm wrong though, as I'd would love to be wrong in this instance. ;) This library is incredibly impressive and I'd love to use it. And if I am wrong I'd love to know where I can discover what engines are officially supported.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Supported Engines

11 Mar 2022, 16:51

The only official integrations are Unity and Unreal. These are guaranteed to be updated and maintained with each version.

The rest of integrations (listed in the Download Thread) are not official and are maintained by our users. Many of them get outdated or only support a specific subset of features and platforms.

The Monogame integration is quite good as it is being used by CryoFall.

JayOfAllTrades
Topic Author

14 Mar 2022, 23:05

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I saw the Monogame integration, but since it is for directx it wasn't going to work for me since my project is on mobile. After I wrote the first post though I tried out Noesis in Unity since it was the only suitable integration I could find and I was so amazed by it's polish that I immediately started moving my games code over to Unity just so I can use it. I loved WPF and working in XAML, and the effort of transferring to Unity is entirely worth it to me so that I can use it again. I'm absolutely thrilled. Thank you all for this great library!

jsantos
Site Admin

15 Mar 2022, 18:37

Thanks for the kind words!

Thraka

28 Jul 2022, 18:11

I just wanted to voice my support for an official MonoGame version. It feels like a missed opportunity to release what would be the best UI library for that entire platform. While the community driven version is good and works, as pointed out, it's Windows only and it doesn't look like that's going to be fixed any time soon.

jsantos
Site Admin

01 Aug 2022, 12:32

Thanks for the feedback and the request. To understand the impact of having official support for MonoGame, we would like to see an official request at their forums or something like that. Do you think that would be possible?