jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

XamlToy

25 Apr 2020, 14:26

Happy to announce XamlToy, our site for sharing and testing XAMLs on the web. We have been using it internally for a few months and now, with the imminent release of 3.0, is time to officially announce it.

We plan to use xamltoy to showcase features in our documentation, at the forums and also in the tracker. Our clients can experiment with the given XAML and even modify it to learn more about NoesisGUI. Sharing with more users is also possible using GIST as explained in the sharing guide. If you want to share a snippet here, at the forums, you only need to use the <xamltoy> tag with a valid GIST ID.

We hope you like this new service we have been working on and would love to hear your feedback about it.

stonstad

Re: XamlToy

30 Apr 2020, 17:10

Putting something like this inside Unity would be a huge win for Noesis. There are quite a few devs who don't want the overhead of Blend -- or the hacks necessary to make Noesis XAML work in Blend.

This would "lower the bar" for first time XAML users who are comfortable in Unity. Feature-wise, it's the only feature that Unity's UI has over Noesis.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

30 Apr 2020, 17:18

You mean a text editor with autocomplete and syntax highlighting inside Unity?

stonstad

30 Apr 2020, 17:37

Yes, and if it could preview with the same simplicity as XamlToy...

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

01 May 2020, 18:12

Yes, there is already a preview window in Unity. But it is static, I think we could extend it to render in realtime. With the hot-reloading new feature (needs to be manually enabled in settings) you can edit the XAML and see instant changes. Thanks for this suggestion.

TeotiGraphix

23 May 2020, 01:45

Yes, there is already a preview window in Unity. But it is static, I think we could extend it to render in realtime. With the hot-reloading new feature (needs to be manually enabled in settings) you can edit the XAML and see instant changes. Thanks for this suggestion.
Why not use a custom editor panel/window(resizable w/h) to render on?

Great framework, I am going to check it out and might try and port one of my Android audio app's UI to it using Unity for a runtime prototype.

jsantos
Site Admin
Topic Author

25 May 2020, 12:11

Why not use a custom editor panel/window(resizable w/h) to render on?
Please, let's move this to a new thread in General Discussions. Thanks!