Coded
Topic Author

accentuation

10 Aug 2022, 17:23

hello, I wanted to ask a question, do I need to be releasing or configuring something in noesis to accept accents? "ã, ç, é á" among others? I'm using c++

sfernandez
Site Admin

Re: accentuation

10 Aug 2022, 19:05

The Display implementations provided in our application framework already support writing accents as you can check in our Login sample.
If you are writing your own C++ integration please make sure you are properly injecting the KeyDown, Char and KeyUp events into the View. The Char event is the one that should pass the translated unicode character into the view.

Coded
Topic Author

11 Aug 2022, 02:43

right! I managed to make a converter, I thought that noesis already directly accepted utf8 because I saw that everything was const char, thanks!

one more question, I'm trying to do the HotReload but without success, I put "RaiseXamlChanged" when I load a file because I have my own xaml provider, but when I change any .xaml nothing happens, I also made a schema with the filesystem and I detected whenever a file is modified sending it inside the "RaiseXamlChanged(pathfile)" but also nothing happens, would you have any example of use in c++? or does it only work in C#?

jsantos
Site Admin

12 Aug 2022, 18:16

right! I managed to make a converter, I thought that noesis already directly accepted utf8 because I saw that everything was const char, thanks!
Not sure why you need a converter for this. Noesis only works with UTF8 encoding. All our const char* are expected to be encoded in UTF8. Xamls are expected to be saved in UTF8 mode too.
one more question, I'm trying to do the HotReload but without success, I put "RaiseXamlChanged" when I load a file because I have my own xaml provider, but when I change any .xaml nothing happens, I also made a schema with the filesystem and I detected whenever a file is modified sending it inside the "RaiseXamlChanged(pathfile)" but also nothing happens, would you have any example of use in c++? or does it only work in C#?
After calling RaiseXamlChanged you should receive a call to LoadXaml in your provider. Make sure you are invoking the reloading with the *full* path.

Coded
Topic Author

16 Aug 2022, 03:16

I needed to make a converter because my game is all ANSII...

about hotreload thanks!

jsantos
Site Admin

16 Aug 2022, 13:21

I needed to make a converter because my game is all ANSII...
If you mean ASCII that shouldn't be necessary as ASCII is a strict subset of UTF8.

Anyway, I am marking this as solved.