cpasjuste
Topic Author

JetBrains Rider (linux)

25 Nov 2022, 09:58

Hi,

I want to move from Visual Studio Code to Rider on Linux as it's my IDE of choice. Unfortunately, there is a problem with namespaces in XAML as seen on the image below. It seems I have to set/use namespace for every "type" which is not very convenient.
Am I missing something? Is there a way to fix this "globally" so i don't have to use "noesis namespaces" everywhere in XAML?

Many thanks in advance for any help!
cpasjuste.

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: JetBrains Rider (linux)

28 Nov 2022, 17:56

For now, and until we create an extension for Rider I think you need to go with a WPF project for proper syntax highlighting.

By the way, we are working in our VsCode extension and at some point this work could be ported to Rider.

cpasjuste
Topic Author

Re: JetBrains Rider (linux)

29 Nov 2022, 10:15

Hi jsantos,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to this "noob" question :)

As I "play" with noesis (and c#) I do understand a few things better, like not being able to correctly load noesis Windows/Linux targets xaml in IDE, because it's not the same "classes/objects" (would require z a custom extension) and it's why you have a "blend" project... which correctly load under Rider on Windows. The (my) "problem" is we can't load this (blend) project under Linux as we're missing the net (not DotNet) framework.

That said, I can work on windows (with Rider or Vs) when I really want to do UI stuff, then switch to Rider/Linux when I know I'm going to do a lot of programming stuff.

On a side note, I just discovered the resharper jetbrains extension for visual studio which make the IDE more "Riders" like.

This post may help other "noobs" like me to better understand all this :)