SingingBard
Topic Author

Possible to have Unity include the .xaml files in the csproj? Any way to enable Intellisense in the unity project in VS?

25 Nov 2022, 22:34

I have been a WPF developer for over 10 years. All I want to do is edit the XAML with intellisense in Visual Studio. I don't want Blend, I don't need the Designer. Noesis seems to work fairly well, but my issue is that every time Unity does anything it recreates the csproj files and excludes the xaml files from the project. I can manually include the xaml files but they get excluded again any time I make a change. Is there a way to have Unity include the xaml files in the csproj? Also, is there a way to get intellisense to work in the xaml? Someone recommended creating a custom AssetPostprocessor but I see Noesis already has one. Is there a reason it doesn't already include the xaml? Thanks

jsantos
Site Admin

Re: Possible to have Unity include the .xaml files in the csproj? Any way to enable Intellisense in the unity project in

28 Nov 2022, 17:59

You need a separate WPF/Blend project. There is a helper menu in "Tool=>NoesisGUI=>Open Blend Project" that will create one for you as a starting point. This project must be manually maintained adding and removing XAMLs to it.

By the way, we are working on an official VsCode extension.