dmacd10

Re: Noesis 3.2.0b1 TextBlock Some glyphs are not displayed

03 May 2023, 04:59

Its not letting me attach anything but I got it from here https://use.fontawesome.com/releases/v5 ... .4-web.zip
Using fa-regular-400.ttf from that archive.

Referenced and rendered (successfully) in Noesis 3.1.7 with markup like:
 <TextBlock
                        FontFamily="Fonts/FontAwesome/#Font Awesome 5 Free"
                        FontSize="20"
                        Foreground="White"
                        Text="&#xf04b;" />
I don't develop on windows anymore so I don't have ready access to Blend.

sfernandez
Site Admin

03 May 2023, 11:16

It seems the ttf you indicated doesn't contain any glyph for the unicode U+F04B:
fa5-all.png
All glyphs
So in 3.1.7 it should be rendering the glyph from one of the platform system fonts. What platform are you working on? Can you check what happens with 3.1.7 if you disable that option from Noesis settings?
platfset.png
platfset.png (25.56 KiB) Viewed 1537 times
I tried myself in Windows and 3.1.7 renders nothing, no glyph. With 3.2.0 it renders a black square. In Blend it renders nothing, as it happens with 3.1.7, so we will investigate.

dmacd10

04 May 2023, 04:49

Looks like you're right, the glyph is only present in the "solid" variant, which I was able to get working so crisis averted. Thanks for pointing that out!

Maybe the import naming scheme changed which is why it seemed to stop working? Loading platform fonts has been enabled afaik the whole time.

We're on ubuntu. Lack of blend is a mild annoyance but not enough to switch back. In-unity XAML hot reload crapped out at some point recently though which is a pain point. I thought 3.2.0 would help but still scratching my head and docs are thin on the subject.

jsantos
Site Admin

08 May 2023, 11:38

In-unity XAML hot reload crapped out at some point recently though which is a pain point. I thought 3.2.0 would help but still scratching my head and docs are thin on the subject.
Hot-Reloading has been reimplemented in 3.2, trying to preserve as much state as possible. Although we thoroughly tested the new implementation, there could be issues. Could you please report your problem? (different thread please)

dmacd10

18 May 2023, 23:21

It feels like I'm missing something on the configuration side but I have no idea what that might be. I have hot-reload enabled in Noesis settings, and when I press play in the editor and then make changes to my XAMLs....nothing happens. No errors, no reload, nothing.

Unity Script Changes preference is set to "recompile after finished playing"; anything else is a clusterfuck.
Asset Pipeline: Auto Refresh is "Enabled outside playmode" but changing that to "Enabled" didn't make a difference.

Once upon a time it would at least reload in such a way that the application was non-functional (bindings and event handlers disrupted I assume).

jsantos
Site Admin

19 May 2023, 13:24

1. I created an empty 3D Core project with Unity Hub using Unity 2021.3.25f1 (LTS)
2. Added Noesis 3.2.1 to that project using the project manager
3. Imported the HelloWorkd sample
4. Hit Play
5. Edit MainWindow.xaml using VsCode
6. When going back to Unity and the screen is refreshed I see the new changes.

I am going to lock this thread, because it is solved and it is about a different topic. Please, verify the steps and open a new thread to continue the discussion.